• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos to Astroga mid augustWill I have difficulty getting a bed?

roamingpaddy

Time of past OR future Camino
Greetings,I am doing the Camino francais in stages and my previous 2 hikes were in October .I had no trouble finding a bed in an albergues and I didn't have to book ahead,which gave me great freedom.
My next stage begins August 11 th at Burgos and I hope to walk 10 days. Will it be hard to get albergues at this time? Would it still be possible to find a bed without booking ahead? Can I book ahead be phone on the day ?
I would be greatful for any help and suggestions.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Greetings,I am doing the Camino francais in stages and my previous 2 hikes were in October .I had no trouble finding a bed in an albergues and I didn't have to book ahead,which gave me great freedom.
My next stage begins August 11 th at Burgos and I hope to walk 10 days. Will it be hard to get albergues at this time? Would it still be possible to find a bed without booking ahead? Can I book ahead be phone on the day ?
I would be greatful for any help and suggestions.
This section of the Camino should not be super busy in August. In my experience walking in the summer pilgrim numbers don't pick up until after Triacastela.

I just did tis exact route in June, you shouldn’t have any problem, I booked ahead as the accommodation on the Meseta is a bit sparse.

Buon Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I did parts of this three times in May, a month of peak numbers, and rarely booked ahead. I took care to stay away from towns that are stage-ending places in guidebooks: so, taking a short day from Burgos to Rabe and then going on from there. San Anton and Ermita San Nicholas were not even close to capacity when I stayed there this year - a pity, as they are wonderful places to soak in the spirit of the way.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I did parts of this three times in May, a month of peak numbers, and rarely booked ahead. I took care to stay away from towns that are stage-ending places in guidebooks: so, taking a short day from Burgos to Rabe and then going on from there. San Anton and Ermita San Nicholas were not even close to capacity when I stayed there this year - a pity, as they are wonderful places to soak in the spirit of the way.
Thanks how would I book ahead?

I walked from Logrono to Fromista the 3rd week of August last year. I had prebooked some nights in anticipation of the camino being busy, but there were only between 6 and 10 pilgrims in each albergue each night. I found it to be very quite on the Frances for that time of year. I will continue from Fromista to Sarria on the same date later this month and plan on not pre-booking any albergues.

@roamingpaddy, will you post as you are walking and let us know how quite/busy it is along the Meseta?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I walked from Logrono to Fromista the 3rd week of August last year. I had prebooked some nights in anticipation of the camino being busy, but there were only between 6 and 10 pilgrims in each albergue each night. I found it to be very quite on the Frances for that time of year. I will continue from Fromista to Sarria on the same date later this month and plan on not pre-booking any albergues.

@roamingpaddy, will you post as you are walking and let us know how quite/busy it is along the Meseta?
Yes i will

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back