• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos to santiago and fisterra??

Deanpf

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May 2016 from Burgos to Finisterre
I am walking my first Camino starting the 30th of May and would like to start in Burgos. I have 24 walking days before I fly back home. Would love to know if people think that is enough time to get to Santiago and then maybe be able to also keep going to Fisterra? I do understand that it's all personal when it comes to pace but would still love comments.
Thanks so much and thanks to all who share such great information on this forum. It's all been incredibly helpful and I find myself on the forum daily.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Deanpf,

Well, as anyone will tell you, it all depends on your pace. Realistically, this is within roughly the average Pilgrims capability's I believe. Going on to the sea may be pushing it a bit but certainly doable.

I will be starting in Burgos on the 27th as well but taking it slow and easy so I suspect that we shall meet along the way. Buen Camino. Ed

I am walking my first Camino starting the 30th of May and would like to start in Burgos. I have 24 walking days before I fly back home. Would love to know if people think that is enough time to get to Santiago and then maybe be able to also keep going to Fisterra? I do understand that it's all personal when it comes to pace but would still love comments.
Thanks so much and thanks to all who share such great information on this forum. It's all been incredibly helpful and I find myself on the forum daily.
Hi, it's about 490 km. from Burgos. You have to walk about 20 km. a day.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Burgos is a great place to start...so hike to Santiago...if you still have energy to hike more choose Fisterra or Muxia as the end of your Camino...I think the hike down the mountain into Cee with the ocean view made my whole Camino because I always feel like I am home when I see the ocean so I would choose Fisterra...you can always take the bus from Fisterra back to Santiago...24-days is very doable but the weather and your body will decide what you can accomplish.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
We are starting in Burgos on May 28, so maybe we'll see you along the way. I think your plan seems reasonable - not a lot of slack in it, but if you are fit, you should be fine.

Our plan is roughly 24 days to get to Santiago also, which includes 2 rest days along the way - that gives us 1 rest day per week if we need or want it - or a couple shorter days in each week. With our plan, we will average about 23 km per day, which is a good pace, but not unusually-fast or anything. We also have a few extra days at the end before we fly home as a contingency - if we walk slower and need more walking days, or if we need or want more rest days. If we don't use those days walking to SdC, we'll use them to hang out longer in SdC, go to Finnestere, or whatever.

We are starting in Burgos on May 28, so maybe we'll see you along the way. I think your plan seems reasonable - not a lot of slack in it, but if you are fit, you should be fine.

Our plan is roughly 24 days to get to Santiago also, which includes 2 rest days along the way - that gives us 1 rest day per week if we need or want it - or a couple shorter days in each week. With our plan, we will average about 23 km per day, which is a good pace, but not unusually-fast or anything. We also have a few extra days at the end before we fly home as a contingency - if we walk slower and need more walking days, or if we need or want more rest days. If we don't use those days walking to SdC, we'll use them to hang out longer in SdC, go to Finnestere, or whatever.
Thanks for this. Maybe I'll see you on the way.
Buen Camino
Dean

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Please say hello and Buen Camino as you pass Pat and I along the way...Buen Camino!!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back