• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos!!

crhutch

Time of past OR future Camino
(2010) March/April SJPP to Santiago and hence to Finisterre
(2016) Hospitalero Grañón 15-31 March
(2016) April Logroño to Santiago
(2017) Hospitalero Zamora 15-31 March
(2017) Hospilatero Emaus, Burgos 1-14 April
We made it to Burgos. We stayed at a pretty decent albegue the other night in Ages and we got up very early, before 0600 and we were walking by 0700. We did about 15 miles. At first we started in the dark and then when the sun came up it was very foggy. We had to climb a pretty high mountain, and supposedly when you get to the top if the view is clear you can see Burgos. Our luck it was still foggy. At one point we ran into a Spanaird we had met in Grinon and he suggested we take an alternative route which saved us about a mile. Only problem was we had to walk through this mud field and it was like adding 10 pounds to your feet. We finally got to Burgos and found the albergue. It is a municipal one, very new and clean and it is right by the catherdral.

We decided to stay in Burgos two days. Last night we watched a religious procession which was really intersting. Also had some interesting tapas. Today we did the El Cid walking tour and then splurged on a nice lunch of roasted kid. The weather has been quite cold, about 36 degrees, but no rain. We are hoping it will warm up just a little for our hike out tomorrow. Not sure where we will end up but we plan on a 15 to 20 mile walk. We saw our German friend Dieter yesterday, he left this morning, and this afternoon we ran in to our kiwi friends, Rebecca and Anthony and also Becky from England. What wonderful people you meet on the Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Crhutch, I'm really enjoying your updates but just a minor question: are the distances you are doing really in miles? Are you converting from kilometres (cause the waymarkers are all in kms, I was just curious)?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Alipilgrim, we have a pedometer with us to measure the mileage.

Well that's clever! I always doubted those km. marker posts, some of those kilometers seemed like they went on forever!!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.