• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus: Belorado to Burgos

Dillwyn

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2017)
Can someone help me confirm if there is a reasonable bus from Belorado (on the Camino Frances) to Burgos on Sunday, March 18, 2018, in the late afternoon? ALSA doesn’t run that route, and the local bus schedules I saw run east to Logroño first, then turn around, and take up to 9 hours to get me the ca. 50 km from Belorado to Burgos. Alternatives? I have a train ticket from Burgos, and would rather not pay the hefty taxi fare if I can avoid it. (BlaBla doesn’t have any offerings.) Thank you! (I will have to finish my Camino Frances at a later date!)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Can someone help me confirm if there is a reasonable bus from Belorado (on the Camino Frances) to Burgos on Sunday, March 18, 2018, in the late afternoon?
The website is https://www.autobusesjimenez.com/horarios.php - it's interactive and you can check individual dates. Here are the results for Sunday 18 March 2018.

Belorado-Burgos.jpeg

Salida = time of departure in Belorado
Llegada = time of arrival in Burgos (there's a bit of a distance between bus stop and train station)

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You can also get a taxi. It will cost more but it will take you right to where you want to go.

I love that section of the Camino, and I have only ever bussed into Belorado from Burgos on my last combination hiking/bus/hitching/train journey back from Compostela. (about an extra 150-200K walking I think, including one absolutely glorious 30-35K day on the Meseta)

I still never understand why so many people seem to want to start walking from further away than they can walk in their available time. The Camino does not start in SJPP nor end in Compostela -- it starts and ends in one place only : home. Although to walk to Compostela is the basic essential sine qua non of the foot pilgrimage to Santiago.

I do understand that people's motivations vary quite massively, but the Camino is still a thing in itself, that one would do better IMO to not try and control, but learn to live with, in a manner not unlike the wisdom suggested in either Saint Exupéry's Le Petit Prince/The Little Prince, or Khalil Gibran's The Prophet (NOT the seriously annoying and very flawed ideologically skewed animated film version of it).

Yes, better (but also more abstruse) texts concerning the kind of everyday simple spirituality that the Camino seems to be made of exist, including even the lovely mademoiselle Warcollier's original little xerox'd leaflets, but these belong to the concerns of only a few of us pilgrims -- whereas those texts, and perhaps also such works as Albert Camus' unfinished and yet magnificent novel Le Premier Homme, or Bill Bennett's cheeky pilgrim journal The Way, My Way, or Nancy Frey's pleasingly approachable academic Pilgrim Stories have an earthiness to them that the dodgy idea of "it's my Camino" can never provide.

The Camino isn't mine ; the Camino isn't yours. The Camino is ours.

We become pilgrims when we surrender to the fact that it's not anything that we can ever possess, but can only ever belong to.

Bus and taxi stages are about control, not surrender, nor belonging -- they are not of the pilgrimage as such.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
This thread wasn't started by someone who wanted to skip walking for a day or more but by someone who ends walking in Belorado now and plans to take up walking towards Santiago at a later time. According to all available data, only a minority - perhaps 20%? - start in SJPP and a minuscule percentage start further afield. Many walk in stages over a period of years, in particular Spanish people and others from around Europe, if I understand correctly, although I've never seen concrete data about this.Taking a bus to get to a location along the Camino de Santiago or to leave it, must be quite normal and not the great exception for contemporary pilgrim-walkers.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.