• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus between Santiago - Fisterra - Muxia - Santiago

Craig Nolan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Frances 13/09/2017 ->
Hi All,

So nearly completed the Camino and plan to further my adventure. The heat has killed me but I don't want to miss out on Fisterra and Muxia.

Has anyone got info/links on how to travel between the 3.

I want to do this

Sunday 29 bus from Santiago to Fisterra
Monday 30 bus from Fisterra to Muxia
Tuesday 31 bus from Muxia to Santiago

Appreciate your help In advance.

Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi All,

So nearly completed the Camino and plan to further my adventure. The heat has killed me but I don't want to miss out on Fisterra and Muxia.

I want to do this

Buen Camino

Do check out the site from Monbus.

Good timetable and lots of possibilities.

I was going to say that the Fisterra to Muxia part will be complicated — it used to involve a change somewhere, maybe Negreira or Cee????

Anyway, looks like the schedule has been changed to allow travel between the two directly. That is a huge improvement. I see that some buses from Santiago to Muxia pass through Fisterra, so you can hop on that leg.

See attached schedule for one option.

Buen camino, Laurie

Attachments

• FA110EEE-1987-45E3-8647-F5E251871F80.png
    FA110EEE-1987-45E3-8647-F5E251871F80.png
    1 MB · Views: 87
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You might want to ask one of the tour companies that does this route. They may let you spend the night in each place and take the following day's bus.
I did that in 2019 with my friend. We took the tour to Finisterre, then spent the night there. I had more time than she had before flying home, so while she took the next day's tour bus to Muxia I walked there.
After having walked to both Finisterre and Muxía on previous Caminos and simply taking the public bus back, it was interesting to go to some of the other places that the tour takes you.

Hi All,

I want to do this

Buen Camino
The BEST way, in my opinion, is to get 2 or 3 more pilgrims together and hire a taxi. For less than the price of the bus tickets, you can have him pick you up at your lodging at the time you prefer, drive to Finisterra and see it, see the lighthouse, wait while you go look, then drive you to Muxia and have him wait while you have lunch there (or pay for HIS lunch), then drive you back to Santiago. Last year it was around €120-150. If a few pilgrims split it, it's not a bad way to do it on your own time schedule. That gives you an extra couple of days to see Santiago! There's a FANTASTIC folk museum there, and the Cathedral Roof tour, and ....

Hi All,

I want to do this

Buen Camino
We did an all day bus tour of Fisterra and Muxia. All day and very well done. We just grabbed a brochure and booked it from Santiago

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You might want to ask one of the tour companies that does this route. They may let you spend the night in each place and take the following day's bus.
I did that in 2019 with my friend. We took the tour to Finisterre, then spent the night there. I had more time than she had before flying home, so while she took the next day's tour bus to Muxia I walked there.
After having walked to both Finisterre and Muxía on previous Caminos and simply taking the public bus back, it was interesting to go to some of the other places that the tour takes you.
Do you recall which tour company?

These are from August 15

Attachments

• FE316665-09B2-4706-B315-C014CAFC1BD2.jpeg
    FE316665-09B2-4706-B315-C014CAFC1BD2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
  • 67C0A758-ECE2-4F51-8776-4ECFFA292979.jpeg
    67C0A758-ECE2-4F51-8776-4ECFFA292979.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 62
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, I booked at the Tour Galecia bureau in SdC. I caught the bus for the round trip to Muxia, Finisterre, Cee, Dumbría, Rio Xallas, where the river falls into the Atlantic (via their hydro power station) along the coast to Carnota, where we stopped to see the church and a 30something metre long horreo, Muros and back to SdC.
It was a day trip but I hopped off at Finisterre for lunch and stayed there for the night, to see a most beautiful sunset, put my feet into the Atlantic and bump into to friends from way back along the Way.
I met the bus again at 3pm the following day and continued back to SdC.
The gent that helped me at the Tour Galecia booking office was excellent, patient and informative, especially considering I held him up 30 mins after closing time.
Having seen Finisterre, which was my main intention, I did feel a bit over it by the time we got to the power station as I still had to get to SdC and then onto A Caruna for the flight to Barcelona.
(That’s a story in itself🙄)
I hope that helps a bit.
Enjoy it whichever way you go, and I hope you experience the sunset I did.
Map of location of the booking office and one of the sunset attached….

Attachments

• 8A5BAB55-801B-48D1-9991-00A4E5FD494A.jpeg
    8A5BAB55-801B-48D1-9991-00A4E5FD494A.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 30
  • 009EE6A7-7875-40E1-9C38-681F7C4113AA.jpeg
    009EE6A7-7875-40E1-9C38-681F7C4113AA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • E44420C1-2B60-4234-9730-75F45EF9941F.jpeg
    E44420C1-2B60-4234-9730-75F45EF9941F.jpeg
    853 KB · Views: 44
We did an all day bus tour of Fisterra and Muxia. All day and very well done. We just grabbed a brochure and booked it from Santiago
It was one of those tour companies which allowed my friend and I to get off in Finisterre on the first day and continue the tour the next day.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Craig,

despite all the recommendations for a bus transfer I would recommend you to … walk.
If you are a slow walker Santiago - Finisterre can be done in 4 days, Finisterre - Muxia in 2 days.
In case you are very fit now after your camino you can do SdC - Finisterre - Muxia in 4 days.

Meaning, you need only 4 (slow version) / 2 (fast version) more days compared to your bus transfer.

Just my 2 cents.

Buen camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi All,

I want to do this

Buen Camino
We asked at our hotel and got a guided bus for meal and tour for about 60Euros. A great cool down and incredibly wonderful trip. Try your place of stay or the Pilgrims’ center in Santiago.( sorry name escapes me)

Hi Craig,

despite all the recommendations for a bus transfer I would recommend you to … walk.
If you are a slow walker Santiago - Finisterre can be done in 4 days, Finisterre - Muxia in 2 days.
In case you are very fit now after your camino you can do SdC - Finisterre - Muxia in 4 days.

Meaning, you need only 4 (slow version) / 2 (fast version) more days compared to your bus transfer.

Just my 2 cents.

Buen camino
Or, take the bus to Fisterra or Muxía, then take two days to walk between the two towns before taking the bus back to Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back