• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Barritz to St. Jean Pied de Port?

mamma&papa

Friends,

Is anyone able to tell us if there is bus service available, we understand, from reading, that the train from Bayonne is not in service until mid June. We will leave Barritz on May 5th or 6th.

Carolyn

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi!

Don't worry!

The train service from Bayonne to SJPDP is available, except that it's being provided by bus.

You catch it at the train station, at the same time, just like you would for the ''normal'' train.

Tchooo...Tchooo!
Jean-Marc

Phew! Thanks Jean-Marc. :)

I trust that it will be somewhat easy to find out where it is that we catch the bus from Barritz to the train station in Bayonne?

Carolyn

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Carolyn,
Since you're planning to stay in Biarritz, you can also take the train from there to Bayonne (about a ten or fifteen minute ride) and from what Jean-Marc says you'll be in the right spot for the bus.
Lots of alternatives. The bus and trains are so easy in Europe compared to what we have going on for us. I've never been to the bus depot but the train station is an easy walk from the old town so you can wander up there on the day you spend in Biarritz to get the schedule.

As a matter of interest, many of the signs in Biarritz are first in the Basque language rather than French so you may wonder if your high school French has completely deserted you. This is Basque country although it has become a very cosmopolitan mix. Apparently the English so loved this part of the world for vacations that they commissioned a golf course in Biarritz in 1800 - so they're definitely used to dealing with English speaking people - albeit not with our accent.
Cecelia

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back