• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Bayonne to St Jean Pied de Port

sfoley

Hi,
I fly from Dublin to Biarritz on sunday the 24th of May and land at 16.30 so after getting a bus to Bayonne i will have missed the last train to St Jean Pied de Port which leaves at 15.16 as far as i can see. Does anyone know if there is a bus i could get instead from Bayonne to St Jean Pied de Port on a sunday?

regards,
sfoley

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If you spring for a taxi instead of taking the bus, you might make that last train. :)

I don't know the bus schedule, though, but someone will come along soon with it. ;) (Do I know this forum or not?)

If worse comes to worst, you can always overnight it in Bayonne & take the first train out in the morning (which leaves around 8 am, I think).

Kelly

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Express Burricot charges 65 euro from Biarritz airport to St Jean. Not too bad if you are sharing.

Express Bourricot
Transport de bagages et personnes
31 rue de la citadelle
64220 Saint jean Pied de port

tél/fax bureau : (+33) (0)5.59.37.36.28
Portable: (+33) (0)6.61.96.04.76

apcaroline@hotmail.com

Nice new website: http://www.expressbourricot.com

on sunday, the last train leaves Bayonne for SJPP at 21h06 arrives at 22h18
monday morning, first train 7h45.
if you do not have any reservation arriving in SJPP the pilgrim office should be open,and find you a bed.
buen camino
philippe

Hi, thanks for all your replies, i think probably my best bet if there isnt a scheduled bus service from Bayonne to SJPDP on a sunday is to get the train at 21.06 on sunday or 7.45 on monday morning.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am arriving at Bayonne from St. Jean de Luz Sunday September 7th mid-morning. I am not able to confirm a train or bus schedule. Is there anyone out there who can advise on the bus schedule? Many thanks

I am arriving at Bayonne from St. Jean de Luz Sunday September 7th mid-morning. I am not able to confirm a train or bus schedule. Is there anyone out there who can advise on the bus schedule? Many thanks

Here is the current 25 August to 23 November 2014 TRAIN/BUS SCHEDULE for the TER ligne 62 from Bayonne to SJPdP. On Sunday there is a train at 07:45 , 14:55, and 21:10 connecting with a rr provided bus at Cambo le Bains to continue to SJPdP. Total travel time roughly 1 1/2 hours; cost roughly 10 euros.

Bon voyage,

Margaret Meredith

Margaret Meredith: Thank you. I will presume I can buy a ticket at the station as I cannot do so on-line through Rail Europe. I will have about a four hours layover in Bayonne. Do you or any of the many contributors have any suggestions as to what to see? Thank you again.
John

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes, John you can buy your transport ticket in the Bayonne Gare SNCF. By the way this station in Bayonne is small and easily navigated. The staff is helpful and used to dealing with throngs of pilgrims as well as vacationers. They will help you find your way. The friendly station cafe boasts many handy plugs for recharging your computer or smartphone; relax and have breakfast or a drink.

MM

Hi Margaret,

I bought my ticket for the trip from Bayonne to SJPdP online. Tickets will be collected in Gare Bayonne

I have been quoted €120 from airport to St Jean. Travelling on 11 May if any pilgrims able to share.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have been quoted €120 from airport to St Jean. Travelling on 11 May if any pilgrims able to share.
You need not take a taxi! You can take the airport bus to Bayonne rr station/Gare SNCF Bayonne. At Bayonne take the local TER line 62 train to SJPdP.

You need not take a taxi! You can take the airport bus to Bayonne rr station/Gare SNCF Bayonne. At Bayonne take the local TER line 62 train to SJPdP.

The bus stop is just outside the airport terminal. It'll cost you 1€ (or thereabout), it's about a 10 min journey to Bayonne SNCF station.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you for the link.
Are you able to help me find the English translation please?

For the immediate future months there are 4 TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day. Times are 07:45, 11:10, 14:55 and 18:06. On Fridays there is an additional train at 21:10. Journey takes about 1 hour. Seats are not reserved.

Bon voyage!

Last edited:
For the immediate future months there are 4 TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day. Times are 07:45, 11:10, 14:55 and 18:06. Journey takes about 1 hour. Seats are not reserved.

Bon voyage!

That is perfect and so helpful.
I have bookmarked your post.
It looks like the 11:10 train on the 21st April will be the best one for us.
Thank you so much.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Glad to be of help. Additionally
on Fridays there is a 5th train at 21:10. Keep it in mind if you change your travel dates.

Hi,
I fly from Dublin to Biarritz on sunday the 24th of May and land at 16.30 so after getting a bus to Bayonne i will have missed the last train to St Jean Pied de Port which leaves at 15.16 as far as i can see. Does anyone know if there is a bus i could get instead from Bayonne to St Jean Pied de Port on a sunday?

regards,
sfoley

This was posted in another thread - car-pooling from either Biarritz or Bayonne. www.beilari.info/en/node/191

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for the link.
Are you able to help me find the English translation please?

Depart = Depart --- type Bayonne in the blank square ... and select from drop down list.

Arrivee = Arrive --- type St Jean Pied de Port ... etc.

Date = Date --- pick your date of travel

A partir de = leaves --- select hour from which you expect to get to the station.

Rechercher = Search

You then get schedule indicating Depart Arrivee Duree (Duration) and Mode

Mode will likely be TER Train but it could be Autocar = bus.

For the immediate future months there are 4 TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day. Times are 07:45, 11:10, 14:55 and 18:06. On Fridays there is an additional train at 21:10. Journey takes about 1 hour. Seats are not reserved.

Bon voyage!

Hello! Are these additional trains 7 days a week or is there only the standard 3 on Sundays still? Crossing my fingers! We're in a bit of a pickle trying to figure out how to get to SJPP on 6/19. Training it from Paris to Bayonne and we arrive at 15:32. The 18:06 would suit us perfectly if that is real. Not sure where to find a current up to date schedule for those trains. Just want to make it to our albergue for dinner and good sleep to begin our journey the next morning. Thanks for the help!

Jen

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello! Are these additional trains 7 days a week or is there only the standard 3 on Sundays still? Crossing my fingers! We're in a bit of a pickle trying to figure out how to get to SJPP on 6/19. Training it from Paris to Bayonne and we arrive at 15:32. The 18:06 would suit us perfectly if that is real. Not sure where to find a current up to date schedule for those trains. Just want to make it to our albergue for dinner and good sleep to begin our journey the next morning. Thanks for the help!

Jen

As Margaret has posted ... there is only the 2110 late train that you could use.

Si yo fuera tu ... stay in Bayonne and catch the train to SJPdP in AM 0745 arr 0843.

Hello! i'll arrive at 21.00 in Bayonne gare from Bordeaux tonight, June 24th. I want to go to SJPP tonight. Is anyone arriving tonight too who want to spate a taxi? Thanks!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back