• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Burgos to Tardajos

Wanderingfriend

Time of past OR future Camino
Has anybody be taken the bus from central Burgos to the town of Tardajos or other spot just out of Burgos going toward the Meseta? If so, where do you catch it? I know people have talked about bussing through the edges of Burgos. Do you pay on the bus? I do not (unfortunately) speak Spanish. If you have done this and are not Spanish speaking did you use Google translate so the driver knows where to let you off?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Has anybody be taken the bus from central Burgos to the town of Tardajos or other spot just out of Burgos going toward the Meseta? If so, where do you catch it? I know people have talked about bussing through the edges of Burgos. Do you pay on the bus? I do not (unfortunately) speak Spanish. If you have done this and are not Spanish speaking did you use Google translate so the driver knows where to let you off?

Buscompany Amaya runs this line.

They have a taquila at the central busstation of Burgos where you can buy your ticket.

There is only one other stop between Burgos and Tardajos so this should go smooth.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As you head out towards Tardajos consider stopping at the comfy La Fabrica at least for a coffee.

November 2014 I stopped at La Fabrica an old flour mill then recently repurposed to be an albergue/hostal. It was a GREAT find.

Each heated albergue dorm room held 4 pilgrims with fresh linens on the bunks and a sleek toilet/shower adjacent; regular tourist accommodation was also available.

The busy ground floor bar/dining room was popular with locals and the food was copious, tasty and good value. All in all it was a pleasant stop before starting on the Meseta.

Here is their current web:
http://www.alberguelafabrica.com/

The stretch between burgos and tardajos is quite agricultural and nice to walk on foot if you change your mind
Thank you for letting me know. I wondered about the industrial part of the city, also my time frame. But, I do appreciate the kind help.

Buscompany Amaya runs this line.

They have a taquila at the central busstation of Burgos where you can buy your ticket.

There is only one other stop between Burgos and Tardajos so this should go smooth.
Thank you sooo much for this.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you for letting me know. I wondered about the industrial part of the city, also my time frame. But, I do appreciate the kind help.
The way out of Burgos is not through industry: After 10-15 minutes through the city, you are out in the fields. A flat & easy 8 kms walk to Tardajos, where you'll find several cafes for a rest. And the cost of a taxi there is insignificant. By walking, you will find yourself discovering the very first part of the Meseta.

The way out of Burgos is not through industry: After 10-15 minutes through the city, you are out in the fields. A flat & easy 8 kms walk to Tardajos, where you'll find several cafes for a rest. And the cost of a taxi there is insignificant. By walking, you will find yourself discovering the very first part of the Meseta.
I am rethinking my decision! Thank you.

There is an interesting side visit on the way out of Burgos, the Monasterio de las Hulegas. I've visited it twice! I loved the Romanesque cloister and the exhibition of early medieval costume. Don't bus past it!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
@Wanderingfriend it is the main walk into Burgos that goes through suburban streets (not really industrial). The alternative path into Burgos along the river is lovely.

The walk out of Burgos is nice, and I love stopping at the University and visiting the cafeteria for breakfast! Only a bit of suburbia and you are out in open fields.

Las Huelgas is not directly on the path out of town, but a short detour.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@Wanderingfriend it is the main walk into Burgos that goes through suburban streets (not really industrial). The alternative path into Burgos along the river is lovely.

The walk out of Burgos is nice, and I love stopping at the University and visiting the cafeteria for breakfast! Only a bit of suburbia and you are out in open fields.

Sounds like I will be changing my plans and walking. Thank you.

This is the thread on how to enter Burgos via the river route. I tried to to it several times, following written instructions, and it was not until I used the photos that I got it right. (In the first post click on the link "click here"). I downloaded into my smart phone and followed it. It takes a while to download, better to do it when you have wifi. There is also a smaller version further down the thread (post #30).

As Kanga noted the walk out of Burgos via the University is special. See/read more here

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi

I fully agree with the replies that you have received. The walk out of Burgos heading towards Tardajos is quite pleasant. It is in total contrast to walking into Burgos from the east from places such as Cardenuela del Riopico. That section could be described as monotonous. I walked the Camino Frances in Sept/Oct 2019. I did walk all of it including the city suburbs and never once took a taxi. I was lucky :- I had plenty of time, and I had fantastic weather...until I got into Galicia!!! I am still (over 2 years later) writing a retrospective blog of it - at the moment I have almost finished Day 15, the day I was in Burgos. By the end of next week I hope to have published my description of Day 16 where I describe the relaxing and short afternoon walk to Tardajos with a colleague. We also stayed at 'La Fabrica' in Tardajos, that others have mentioned above....The attached photos are of (1)the University and (2,3) typical Camino scenery on the way to Tardajos. My blog is at 'tgcaminos.com'.

Attachments

• IMG_20191006_132255410_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191006_132255410_HDR.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20191006_134617258_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191006_134617258_HDR.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20191006_142535162.jpg
    IMG_20191006_142535162.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 12
I think it is really a good idea to skip the bus and stick with your trail runners. The walk out is very nice and it will also begin to introduce you to the next very different stage of the Camino, The Meseta. A much different, wonderful and important part of any camino. Personally, I love to experience the gradual change of the landscape and the camino. The subilty is wonderful and should be experienced.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ola
I can second the suggestion that the walk out of Burgos is worth the time to do, rather than to ignore

Just a comment in response to Kanga - as I recall, the Monasterio de las Huelgas IS on the Camion as you leave the city, only about 1 or 2km from the centre (AND I agree is well worth the visit). I understand that it is rather the Miraflores Charterhouse that is on the way INTO Burgos (ie a few kilometres east of the centre), although it is not on the Camino itself (- I didnt manage to visit this the last time around, so it is on my list for next time...!)
Buen camino
Stephen in New Zealand

Ola
I can second the suggestion that the walk out of Burgos is worth the time to do, rather than to ignore

Just a comment in response to Kanga - as I recall, the Monasterio de las Huelgas IS on the Camion as you leave the city, only about 1 or 2km from the centre (AND I agree is well worth the visit). I understand that it is rather the Miraflores Charterhouse that is on the way INTO Burgos (ie a few kilometres east of the centre), although it is not on the Camino itself (- I didnt manage to visit this the last time around, so it is on my list for next time...!)
Buen camino
Stephen in New Zealand
Thank you Stephen.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As you head out towards Tardajos consider stopping at the comfy La Fabrica at least for a coffee.

November 2014 I stopped at La Fabrica an old flour mill then recently repurposed to be an albergue/hostal. It was a GREAT find.

Each heated albergue dorm room held 4 pilgrims with fresh linens on the bunks and a sleek toilet/shower adjacent; regular tourist accommodation was also available.

The busy ground floor bar/dining room was popular with locals and the food was copious, tasty and good value. All in all it was a pleasant stop before starting on the Meseta.

Here is their current web:
http://www.alberguelafabrica.com/
My wife and I decided to walk a short day out of Burgos to La Fabrica on our Pamplona to Leon Camino last September. We had a private room and enjoyed a wonderful dinner and breakfast in the company of other pilgrims. Leaving Burgos is quite nice with a final walk past the Cathedral and a stretch through a beautiful park. I’ve walked the Camino Frances on three occasions and couldn’t imagine skipping the walk out of Burgos to Tardajos. I consider that one of my favorite stretches on the entire Camino.

My wife and I decided to walk a short day out of Burgos to La Fabrica on our Pamplona to Leon Camino last September. We had a private room and enjoyed a wonderful dinner and breakfast in the company of other pilgrims. Leaving Burgos is quite nice with a final walk past the Cathedral and a stretch through a beautiful park. I’ve walked the Camino Frances on three occasions and couldn’t imagine skipping the walk out of Burgos to Tardajos. I consider that one of my favorite stretches on the entire Camino.
Don's Brother,
Glad to read that you and your wife recently enjoyed La Fabrica. Like you I also can't imagine skipping the walk out of Burgos to Tardajos; it is a special stretch with flat terrain and many contrasts. Thank you for this helpful post.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I’ll second this: the walk out of Burgos has parkland and fields and is really quite lovely. I can take or leave the walk out of Leon (though I’ve never not walked it) but I wouldn’t miss Burgos.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...
Greetings! I will be traveling with my daughter to walk the Camino Portuguese from Porto in July. The dates are a bit flexible, but not completely so. I’ve been researching flight tickets, and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back