• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Finisterre to Santiago

dorothydenigris

Hello All,

I'm looking for updated information regarding the bus from Finisterre back to Santiago after sunset. I'll be there on or about October 13, 14. Any recent info would be ever so helpful. Many thanks in advance!

Buen Camino!
DD

A selection of Camino Jewellery
dorothydenigris said:
Hello All,

I'm looking for updated information regarding the bus from Finisterre back to Santiago after sunset. I'll be there on or about October 13, 14. Any recent info would be ever so helpful. Many thanks in advance!

Buen Camino!
DD

Dorothy,

One Finisterre bus stop is next to the municipal albergue. You purchase your ticket from the driver as you board. MONBUS should be the bus line for the Finisterre to Sanitago de Compostela routes. For on line timetables see their website >> http://horarios.monbus.es/. However schedules change and what goes now will not necessarily be the schedule mid October after sunset!

When you first arrive in Santiago stop at to the Galicia Tourist office. Their staff is friendly and most helpful. Located at Rúa do Vilar, 30-32 they have a useful free multi language listing of all the current facilities including buses in every village found along the camino to Finisterre and Muxia.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello dorothy,

There is only one bus back from finisterra to santiago after sunset - this is the last bus of the day which leaves at 19:00 hour. As mentioned by margaret, this schedule could change by october.

You can also purchase a bus ticket thats valid for a week in the tourist office in Finsterre opposite the main bus stop. Cost is €13 and saves queuing to pay the driver as they let people with prepaid tickets on first. At least that was my experience although the bus was not full returning to Santiago.

A Camino buddy whose knees stopped him walking any further got a return ticket from Santiago to Finisterra. I had walked on and met him there with a view to returning with him on the bus. I could not get a ticket from the Tourist Office which was closed for the afternoon. (Sorry I can't remember it's opening times). There were many people wanting the bus and I failed by 2 people to join him. So it really is important to have a ticket. Also make sure you get past those without tickets as the driver seemed to let people on regardless initially. Some people left had tickets! Hope this helps.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
anyone know how near this bus is to the airport? or how to get there from the stop?

thank you, margaret! i did, of course, find a little more information after digging, but this helps so much.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I can't seem to get the Monbus site to work. Has anyone had any recent success getting a timetable for the Santiago-Fisterra-Santiago itinerary?

I clicked through to the Horarios page ( http://horarios.monbus.es/) and I can't get it to take 'Fisterra' or 'Santiago' in the 'Desde' field. Which means I can't look up any timetables. Someone want to give that a try? I'm looking for the current timetables for Santiago to Fisterra and back.

Thanks! It's probably just my psycho netbook have a 60's flashback...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just tried it and it worked fine. Must be the netbook ;) See below for today's schedule.

logo.png

ELIGE TU TRAYECTO
  1. Captcha:
  1. por Localidadpor Parada
  2. Desde:
    info.png
  3. A:
    info.png
  4. Desde:
    info.png
  5. A:
    info.png
  6. IdaIda y vuelta
  7. Ida:
    calendar.gif
    excel-loader.gif
  8. Vuelta:
    excel-loader.gif
Buscar
loader.gif

Consultando...
Viaje de idaJueves 20/02/2014
Salida
Trayecto
Llegada
Duración
Plazas
Itinerario
08:20
Fisterra - Santiago de C. (Camiño Novo)
10:38
02h 18min

11:45
14:53
03h 08min

15:00
17:53
02h 53min

16:45
19:53
03h 08min

19:00
21:53
02h 53min

Estos horarios son meramente informativos y pueden estar sujetos a modificaciones. Para más información: 902 29 29 00 - monbus@monbus.es

I started getting nauseous on the bus from Finisterre to Santiago, I hadn't ridden in any motor vehicle during the Camino, I'm sure its happened to others as well.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Old thread, but hoping someone will see this and have experience/thoughts...

I've read a lot of stuff saying it takes 3 hours, but the Monbus timetable says 2h 20m for the morning bus from Finisterre to Santiago (currently: 8:20 - 10:40). Does anyone know if that's true? My plane leaves from the airport in Santiago at 12:35, trying to figure out if I can make it. If it's 2h 20m, then I think it would be okay. But if it's really 3 hours, then that seems like I'm cutting it too close (in which case... I'll take the 19:00 bus the night before, but I would really prefer to stay the night in Finisterre)?

Old thread, but hoping someone will see this and have experience/thoughts...

I've read a lot of stuff saying it takes 3 hours, but the Monbus timetable says 2h 20m for the morning bus from Finisterre to Santiago (currently: 8:20 - 10:40). Does anyone know if that's true? My plane leaves from the airport in Santiago at 12:35, trying to figure out if I can make it. If it's 2h 20m, then I think it would be okay. But if it's really 3 hours, then that seems like I'm cutting it too close (in which case... I'll take the 19:00 bus the night before, but I would really prefer to stay the night in Finisterre)?

Castromil (Monbus) is the service provider. The bus terminates at Santiago bus station. The Monbus timetable is the best information you will get. The schedule for the bus 24 March 2016 shows 0945 - 1300 ... so some buses will take 3 hours.

Empresa Freire provides bus service from Santiago bus station to Labacolla Airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are actually two companies that run service between Finisterre and Santiago. One requires a transfer but is a shorter trip. The tourist office does not give out information on that option, they only tell you about the longer, more roundabout (but more scenic) option that goes along the coast all the way to Muros (I think). Its advantage is that there is no transfer, but if you are in a rush, you can save some time on the less scenic route. And the transfer is simple. Get off the bus. Wait about three minutes. Get on the next bus that pulls up.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would just like to add to already said above that there must be (at least) two different schedules from Fisterra to SdC.
In 2011 we stopped in Muros and had plenty of time for toilets, buying some water, snacks etc.
Last year I drank some beer before departure and had really awfull ride to SdC. Had to get off the bus at railway station, rushed into first bar and ... well, you know ;)
So, better check if the bus stops along the way or don't drink at all.

I started getting nauseous on the bus from Finisterre to Santiago, I hadn't ridden in any motor vehicle during the Camino, I'm sure its happened to others as well.

I would just like to add to already said above that there must be (at least) two different schedules from Fisterra to SdC.
In 2011 we stopped in Muros and had plenty of time for toilets, buying some water, snacks etc.
Last year I drank some beer before departure and had really awfull ride to SdC. Had to get off the bus at railway station, rushed into first bar and ... well, you know ;)
So, better check if the bus stops along the way or don't drink at all.

I really hated the bus ride back to Santiago after sunset. Like Bajarracer it was my first wheeled transport in several weeks, and like Kinky, I'd had a drink in the nice bar opposite the bus station. The bus seemed to stop everywhere and take forever. Next time I'll definitely stay the night (or walk back ...).

@alansykes Oh, if that bus would stop everywhere I'd drank even more beer. But I do share the feeling that whatever bus (direct or not) you take it does seem like forever :)

okay, so... maybe my best bet is just don't drink beer right before i get on the bus...? lol!

i think at this point my plan is just to check in santiago at the pilgrim's office to see what they recommend and/or if they can tell me about the multiple bus schedules.

Planning on taking the bus to Fisterra from Santiago, staying the night then returning to Santiago the following day to catch a 2:45pm Vueling flight to Barcelona.

I found this two bus lines:
http://www.monbus.es/en
http://autocaresvazquez.net/index.asp

Neither seems to be selling tickets online for these routes. Are they available to purchase closer to the date (August 10th and 11th in my case) or will I have to buy them locally?

Are they available to purchase closer to the date (August 10th and 11th in my case) or will I have to buy them locally?

You buy them locally. BTW, be aware that to make the route with Autocares Vázquez means a change of buses along the route.

I'm not finding routes from Santiago to Muxia, and also Muxia Santiago. What buses routes are available?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You buy them locally. BTW, be aware that to make the route with Autocares Vázquez means a change of buses along the route.

I've pointed this out before, but just a note to add that the change is painless. You get off the bus and wait a few minutes till another bus pulls up in the same spot where you just got off. The driver will make sure you don't mess up. This route is a more direct and shorter route, but much less scenic, since the other company takes you around on the coast.

I was advised to sit at the front of the bus to avoid feeling nauseous. It helped in Mexico.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back