• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bus from la coruna to sarria

judywaters

We are arriving in la coruna on the night of sat 23rd may and want to get to sarria as quickly as possible the following day (sunday- will this be very difficult?) to start walking. Any idea how we can get there? Also, can we get a pilgrim's passport in la coruna?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola

I see there is a train to Sarria from A Coruna - but not at weekends so that doesn't help!

I think the way to do this is A Coruna - Lugo - Sarria - there have been previous posts on the Lugo - Sarria journey. Ivar seems to have researched this and I'll PM the question to him in case he doesn't catch these posts.

As for your other question: Passprts are available from the Sacristy of the Church of Santiago in A Coruna after Mass:

Masses: Daily at 12 noon and 8pm
Sundays and Feasts at 10.30, 11.30, 12.30 and 8pm

Credenciales cost 0.5 €

Forgive me raising a point - why travel to Sarria to start? On the Camino Ingles You could either start in A Coruna or get a bus round to Ferrol and start from there - if traveling from A Coruna you won't qualify for a Compostela but from Ferrol you will. It is a fine route. There are regular buses to Ferrol including on Sundays.

There are lots of bus companies providing services out of A Coruna therefore whatever you decide either get your hotel/hostal to check the times or call in at one of the two tourist offices in A Coruna - open until 2 pm on Saturdays. Or e mail the question to them on oficina.turismo.coruna@xunta.es

In any event - buen camino.

Hi there,

I just looked up the train schedule from La Coruña to Lugo on May 23rd (Saturday) and I did find an early train, leaving La Coruña at 06.50 arriving Lugo at 08.28. Then there is another one at 08.27 arriving at 10.21. Am I reading this wrong?
Have a look at the schedule here:
http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

For the bus, I had a look at this site and fouind this:
http://www.coruna-ya.com/transporte-int ... /lugo.html
Sábado:

* Bus / Autobœs:
o A Coruña - Lugo: 8:00, 10:00r, 11:00, 12:30, 13:30, 16:00, 18:30, 20:00.

Now, I know this is not an official site, but it gives you an indication. I think I would go for the train.

Buen camino!
Ivar

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back