• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Leon to Carbajal

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Just in case family members who are joining me in Leon are feeling a bit jetlagged and want to drop a few km from their first day to La Robla, I'm finding out about the bus that goes from Leon (Avenida Padre Isla, 2) to Carbajal de la Legua. Can you buy a ticket on the bus or do you have to get a card or something beforehand? Any idea how much it costs?
Thanks for your assistance.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My guess is you can get one on the bus. Last year we took a taxi, and as far as I remember, it was about the same cost between two persons. Taxi left us at the point where you can have no doubt about the direction!

Thanks @kirkie that’s a good idea. I’ll be walking but I can imagine the three kids would happily share a taxi with their Daddy;-)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks @peregrina2000 I was planning on the river walk being the first point of difference from my last Salvador (and hoping no rain might be the second!)
Sounds like everyone can choose to take a bus or have a Cornetto that day!

If they are feeling really jet lagged, then they could take a bus to La Seca or even Cascantes...... Again, buy the ticket on the bus, only a couple of euros.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Good to know @Felice We have two nights in Leon when they arrive so they should be OK - and one of the best ways to knock jet lag is to get outside in the sunshine so the 19km from Carbajal is probably what the doctor would order. But I’ll file away your info just in case.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back