• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Leon to Virgen del Camino

I came across a reference to a local bus from Leon (Plaza Sto Domingo) to Virgen del Camino & was wondering if anyone knew which route number it was & when it runs? I'm making some tentative plans for my 3rd excursion to the Camino & while I would like to see this church, it's not fitting into my plans unless I can take the bus to & from.

Currently, my bright ideas include walking 25k/day from Leon (technically). To fit into the time that I have this year, I will have to take the morning train from Leon to Villavante & walk to Astorga from there. According to my guidebooks, the Camino goes through there & meets up with an alternate route just before Hospital (but we all know rule #1 of guidebooks: they lie). ;) This will allow me 2 "cushion" days to use for rest (O Cebreiro) or to bum around Santiago after I get to the Cathedral & say "now what?"

Kelly

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
From León to Virgen del Camino, there are buses every 20 minutes. because it is very near.- Don´t worry.
Saludos

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
When I caught it last summer the bus was clearly labelled on the front of the bus. I don't recall that there was a number.

Linea 1 .-A In Leon Santo Domingo - La Virgen -
La Virgen- Santo Domingo.-

Several stops between Leon and Virgen del Camino

Plaza Santo Domingo (BBV)

Avda. Roma, 2 (Plaza Inmaculada)

Plaza Guzman

C/ Astorga (RENFE)

Avda. Quevedo, 2 (BBV; Crucero)

Avda. Párroco Pablo Díez, 22

Avda. Párroco Pablo Díez, 86

Avda. Párroco Pablo Díez, 190

Avda. Párroco Pablo Díez, 252 (Trobajo)

Cruce Camino de la Cruz

Carretera León - Astorga (Polígono Industrial, varias paradas)

La Virgen del Camino (varias paradas)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Re: Albergue at Virgen del Camino

Hello Wowerine.
The both refuges at León are not the best ones. I recommend you to stay at the rather new and very clean refuge at Virgen del Camino!
It is only a approx. 20 min. bus ride into the city center of León.
And at the start in the morning you are well ahead of the stampede.

Home page of Virgen del Camino: http://www.aytovalverdedelavirgen.e...a.1/chk.4a8c6aa7c95def4b7d442e1d440aa643.html

And here is the description of the refuge:

** Albergue D.Antonino y Dña. Cinia **

Descripción: Servicios completos para minusválidos: dos
Dispone de un hermoso jardín muy apropiado para el descanso de los peregrinos, cuya inauguración es del año 2006

Abre de 12:00- 23:00 H.
Dirección: Avd. Padre Eustoquio, 16. 24198 La Virgen del Camino (León)
Disponibilidad: 1 de Mayo al 3 de Octubre
Precio: 3 Euros
Plazas: 40 plazas ( 20 en literas)
Categoría: Albergue Municipal
Observaciones: Cerca del Santuario, en una zona muy tranquila del pueblo.
Contacto: Dña. Mª Camino/ Tfno.. 676 472 125
Email: alberguevirgen@gmail.com

SERVICIOS EN EL ALBERGUE
Agua caliente - 4 Inodoros - Sitio para bicicletas - Agua potable – Lavadero - Taquillas y armarios – Botiquín – Lavadora – Secadora - Calefacción - Luz eléctrica - Tendedero – Televisor - Cocina - Nevera - Maquina de refrescos - Terrazas – 8 Duchas - Maquina de café - Toallas y jabón - Salón - Enchufes para móviles - Ordenador - Frigorífico - Salón comedor - Cobertura móvil. - Teléfono público NO

SERVICIOS PRÓXIMOS
Oficina de información y turismo-Cajero automático-Farmacia-Taller para bicicletas-Tienda de comestibles-Asistencia médica-Carnicería-Panadería-Restaurante y bares-Local de acceso a Internet

Thanks, Jochen! I will disagree with you on the convent albergue. I found it clean & comfortable, as well as very welcoming. However, it is in the center of Leon & I'd rather be on the outskirts, so this albergue you suggested fits the bill. :)

Kelly

Javier said:
Several stops between Leon and Virgen del Camino

I stayed with a Spanish friend (an old seminary roommate) in Leon for two days. On the morning I left, he gave me a ride up to Virgen del Camino, and I started my day's walking from there. He drove me along the Camino in west Leon to show me that I wasn't missing much by hitching a ride with him.

However, one thing about the buses: One night we waited to catch a Leon city bus, one that he rode out to his home when he was done working at his church (his wife usually had the car). He told me that the buses there don't run on a strict timetable - indeed, they can, shall we say, vary somewhat from the schedule. So, keep that in mind if you notice that the buses don't run on the button, especially if you are in a time crunch... :arrow:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back