Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Bus from Madrid Barajas to Ponferrada

Tangaa

Hola
Looking forward to my second walk on the camino in june 2009.
Anybody who have tried the ALSA-bus that departs from Terminal 4 at Barajas Airport, Madrid and goes to Ponferrada? Is it hard to find the busstop by the terminal? Would hate to miss the bus!
Yours
Anders, Denmark

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

yvettealbertse

Past OR future Camino
camino frances- sept 2010, camino portuguese- march 2012, camino primitivo- april 2014
i would love to see the answer to your question as i will be doing the same in September

peregrina2000

Staff member
The official airport site has a map that highlights places you search for with a pulsating red circle. This is the map that shows the long distance bus stop

http://www.aena.es/cartografia/terminal ... height=612

If that link doesn't work, let me know and I'll post the steps you have to follow to get to the map on the aerport authority's website.

It's on the Planta 0 (ground floor) in the new T4 in the Arrivals area.

Laurie

Tangaa

Actually I missed the bus because our plane was late and the busstop was several kilometres from the terminal, so I had to take the subway to Estation Sur - the only place with an ALSA ticket office... I got a bus in the evening and reached Ponferrada at 01:00 in the night - tough when you are walking the next day...
Therefore:
- Make sure that you have time to reach the bus!
- If you miss it - don´t r´try to get info at the airport or at the main trainstation - go directly to Estacion Sur des autobuses!
See you on the Camino in july 2010!
Tangaa

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

peregrina2000

Staff member
Tangaa,
I'm sorry you missed your bus, but I hope the rest of your Camino went well.

When you say that the bus station is several kilometers from the terminal, do you mean several kilometers from the older T1, T2 and T3? The map I linked to in an earlier post indicates that the long distance bus stop is right outside T4, but I think only Iberia and its partners use that terminal.

And the older terminals are quite a haul to the new one, imposible to do on foot.

Laurie

Tangaa

When you say that the bus station is several kilometers from the terminal, do you mean several kilometers from the older T1, T2 and T3? The map I linked to in an earlier post indicates that the long distance bus stop is right outside T4, but I think only Iberia and its partners use that terminal.

And the older terminals are quite a haul to the new one, imposible to do on foot.

You are right. The busstop is outside T4, but we arrived in one of the other terminals - I don´t remember which one...
The camino was great - except from the weather the first week :(

Tangaa

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances