• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bus from madrid to irun

megtemple

hi all meg again! i am having trouble getting onto the continental-auto.es website to look up where they go from and timetable. it keeps saying unknown site. has anyone got that info for me. also does anyone know a reasonable hostel not far from the main bus station where the bus departs from. does the airport bus go to main bus station. booked my flights today. hope to start 2 may yahoo!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Madrid (intercam Av.america) Irun 00:30 07:00 6h 30min 35,06€ 70,12€ LMXJVSD
Madrid (intercam Av.america) Irun 07:30 14:15 6h 45min 35,06€ 70,12€ LMXJVSD
Aeropuerto Madrid - Barajas T4 Irun 07:45 14:15 6h 30min 35,06€ 70,12€ LMXJVSD
Madrid (intercam Av.america) Irun 15:30 22:15 6h 45min 35,06€ 70,12€ LMXJVSD

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Meg,
you could try this airline http://www.helitt.com they fly to San Sebastian once a day, if you were able to make the connection it means you could get into Irun in the late afternoon.

Mike

Hi, Meg,

Falcon has posted the bus schedule, and you'll see that one leaves from T4 at 7:45 a.m. (that's the airport terminal 4, where you will land if you arrive on Iberia or one of their partners, like American). If you arrive at another airport terminal, you'll need to take a bus to get to T4, so it's a bit more complicated. But my guess is that your flight won't arrive in time for you to clear customs and make a 7;45 am bus.

The RENFE site shows two trains a day, one at 8 am, one at 4 pm (both about 6 hours). The train station is a quick ride on the C1 cercanias train line, less than 15 minutes, also leaving from T4.

What time does your plane arrive in Madrid?

I'm assuming you will be walking the Camino del Norte if you're headed for Irun. When I walked a few years ago, I just took a bus straight from T4 into the Av. de Americas bus station, easily bought a ticket on the next bus to Bilbao, and spent a day getting over jet lag in Bilbao. I knew I'd be walking back through the city on the Norte, but I thought that would be too early in the walk to take a rest day, so I decided to see the sights before I started walking. From Bilbao to Irun is a very easy bus ride, there are frequent buses, and the bus station in Bilbao is well connected to downtown Bilbao by the light rail train that runs right by the Guggenheim and then heads into old Bilbao.

Buen camino, you don't have too much longer to wait. Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.