• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bus from Muxia to Santiago

Jenine

Time of past OR future Camino
C Frances Sep '18
C Norte Sep '21
C Portugues '22
Hello peregrinos,

I have found in my search that there is a weekday bus at 0645 from Muxia to Santiago. What I still cannot figure out is where do I catch the bus in Muxia? I know it is Group Ferrin with no website.... trying to figure out how much time to allow.. I have a plane to catch and cannot miss the morning departure....Please help?

Thanks!!!
Buen Camino!
Jenine

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
But make sure not to be late,,,
When we caught it (about 18 mth ago), the bus arrived to the stop about 0640, and had already left by about 0643 - you snooze, you lose...

But make sure not to be late,,,
When we caught it (about 18 mth ago), the bus arrived to the stop about 0640, and had already left by about 0643 - you snooze, you lose...

Great advice! Thank you.... we will be early!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just wondering how to pre-purchase tickets for this bus, or do you just buy them on the day? I have tried finding where to buy tickets on the Group Ferrin website but to no avail.

You can buy the ticket on the bus, everybody buys it there. This is a "local" bus, it stops in every village. :)

I always get on not far from the municipal albergue near the harbour.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,

the main bus stop in Muxía is close to the harbour, in front of the café-bar "noche y día". Another bus stop is where the road coming down from the public albergue hits the main road. But the bus in the morning is rather full. So I recommend you go to the main bus stop where the bus starts. The ticket can be purchased on the bus, it is 8 € one way. The back-pack has to be stored in the luggage compartment under the bus. The bus goes to Santiago Central Bus Station where you can catch a bus to the airport. The other (first) bus-stop in Santiago is at the railway station.

BC
Alexandra

I don't remember exactly, but probably 1,5 hours or a bit more.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey, this is great info. So, because of slight time constraints, I plan on walking the French way and then renting a bike from Santiago --> Finisterre --> Muxia and then hopping on a bus --> Santiago. Does anyone know if these buses can accommodate a bike or has anyone done something similar?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Does anyone know if the bus from Muxia goes on April 19th?
I think I saw somewhere there are no buses from Fisterra and Muxia on April 18th and 19th but can't find that information anymore.

Normally the buses also run on saturdays and festive days (19th of April = God Friday).

Here is the schedule: horarios Santiago-Muxia

When I was going to Santiago in the Easter Holidays 2012 there was a public strike. When this occurs there are no buses and it is also difficult to find a taxi. So if you find Information on that you should prebook a taxi from Muxía to Santiago Airport (it costs about 60 €).

Live update: Cafe Bar Noche y Dia may be closed now (not just at this hour...).

The bus stop from Muxía to Santiago is between D’Alvaro restaurant and Es Baleas (pizza, pasta, bar - and jolly good).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Now listed once and for all .
I sometimes think people are very lazy as these times were listed in a reply by Via only 3 replies prior.
Just getting cranky and only 45😉

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back