• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles on a sunday?

Pibicamino

I will probably take the bus from Madrid on june 19th, and will arrive to Pamplona in the middle of the day. My question is if there are any busses on sundays to Roncesvalles? In Roncesvalles I guess I'll take a taxi to SJPP, is that the best way to get there?
I'm starting to get quite nervous.. only 1½ month left.. :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I'm nervous, too, but can't let my mind get carried away by it all. So I'm just basically going to play things by ear and go with the flow ...

I was really hoping for some help.. I emailed apcaroline@hotmail.com, and she said that she is totally busy that day..
I guess I can search in the forum some more.. but I would really appreciate it if you had any advice to give me. Is it stupid to take the bus to Pamplona? Should I go to San Sebastian instead. And again I wonder if anyone knows if there´s a bus on sundays from Pamplona to Ronncesvalles. And in Roncesvalles, because Caroline was busy, could you take another taxi?

Before i have asked if someone had any advice about if it's smart to book anything before I go to Spain.. I think I'll just take the chance and hope that there are bus tickets left for me when I arrive, don't know what's best :)

And about what I wrote about me being nervous.. maybe it was the wrong word.. because I'm not so good in english.. I'm more excited than nervous, but hey, I'm nervous in a good way! I'm so looking forward to it! It will be great, if I just can manage to get to SJPP :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Personally, I would start walking from Pamplona. Considering the difficulty you are having in arranging transport to Roncesvalles, there is not much there worth the aggravation. Spaniards often just start from home; all Caminos are pretty much equal!

I just checked, to be quite sure, there is NO bus service on Sundays from Pamplona to Roncevalles. If Carolina is fully booked, then your only option is to take (or possibly) share a taxi to Roncevalles and then either continue with same taxi, or change in Roncevalles for another one to SJPP. If you do this on your own, it's going to be quite expensive. We paid 55 euros for a taxi from Pamplona to Roncevalles two years ago.
I'm sure that if you hang around the bus station in Pamplona, you probably will find other Pilgrim's also looking to share a taxi. Or take Falcon's advice and start your Pilgrimage in Pamplona. Anne

The reason why I'm going to Madrid is because I'm going to visit some friends there. I've understand now that it would be quite difficult getting to SJPP from Pamplona.. well. searching this forum it seems to be a lot of people who actually arrives to Madrid, and then takes a bus to Pamplona and then finally arrives to SJPP. I have been planning this trip for some time, and my intention is to start in SJPP.
But maybe I could stay in Pamplona over the night, and then take the bus on monday 20th instead.. and just as you wrote, I could search for other pilgrims when I arrive, and if I don't find any I could try to stay the night there.
well will continue considering this. And thanks for your advices! I really appreciate it!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Another thought is to see about a flight from Madrid to Biarritz, then take a bus to Bayonne, train to SJPdP....less aggravation, though it might cost more.

Annakappa, I checked out the link you send to me, thank you! And it seems like I could have a seat in Carolines taxi on that sunday from Roncesvalles.. but still there is no bus from Pamplona, and if there are no more pilgrims that day, it will be very expensive.. I have a friend in Madrid who's is asking around to find the best way to do this. Will also check out if a flight would be too expensive. I have much time, but not soo much money.. :)
Still, very thankfull for your advices, if you have any more, please share :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back