• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles

fiona

After much google-ing I have found the official online timetable of the bus services between Pamplona and Roncesvalles: http://www.autocaresartieda.com/default.html . I think it works with "pop-ups" as once you reach this page you then have to click on "linaes regulares" and then select the Jaurrieta-Pamplona service. Lots of services are listed; clicking on the details button at the far right edge gives the info about the days of the week that the service runs and the dates between which the details are or were valid. The site is only in Spanish and Euskara, but I found the Spanish version OK to follow.

While there seem to be quite a few buses between the two towns, most details are historic. The morning buses were from summer 2007 and are not running at the moment. Until 2nd July 2008 the only buses are 1600 on Saturdays, arriving 17.10; and 1800 Mon - Fri, arriving 19.10.

At the time of this post, there are no details for dates after 2 July 2008, but the link above looks like it should work after that.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This link is still up and appears to be updated...but I don't see a price anywhere (which probably means my Spanish is not up to the task).

I will arrive from Lisbon at 17:05 and I THINK I see a bus to Roncesvalles at 18:00. Does anyone know the location of the Bus station in relationship to the Airport??

When you arrive at the Pamplona airport, take either the airport bus or a taxi into Pamplona. Which you take will probably depend on the connection time you have. The Roncesvalles bus leaves from the bus station which is just down the street--a couple of blocks--from where the airport bus lets you off. A taxi will take you directly there. The bus station sits in front of the citadel--which is a distinctive location--a glass front and anyone can direct you to it. The buses depart from the below ground station. The ticket office is close to the bottom of the stairs.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi!
About to embark on my very first Camino. I need to get from Pamplona train station to St Jean on 8 June. Tried the Express Bourricot, but no luck.
I followed your link, Adam, and found that there is one bus at 18 to Roncesvalles, but nothing later (train arrives at 18:30). Maybe it's my poor Spanish keeping me from navigating correctly - maybe there is no bus later. Please, can anyone help me?
Mia

One bus, and you miss it by a lot!
Pamplona Saint Jean De Pied De Port 14:00 15:45 1h 45min 15.0€ 01/06/2012 30/09/2012 LMXJVSD
PAMPLONA 14:00
BURGUETE 14:45 14:45
RONCESVALLES 14:50 14:50
VALCARLOS 15:15 15:15
SAINT JEAN DE PIED DE PORT 15:45

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Mia,

You must be very excited as your departure time draws nearer!

You could take a private taxi to SJPdP on the evening of June 8. The taxi rate is usually 1 euro per kilometer; be sure to ask before you get in the taxi! Or you might go to an albergue in Pamplona such as the Casa Paderhorn see http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es./al ... -paderborn
or albergue Jesus et Maria see http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es./al ... us-y-maria. Once at an albergue you could further inquire about the bus for SJPdP leaving the next day. Perhaps Bourricot might have space then.

Another possibility is that you find other pilgrims for SJPdP on your train. All might then share a taxi together.

Such complications as these seem to eventually work out one way or another.

Bon Voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret

Casa Paderborn (26 beds) is open during San Fermin, but Jesus y Maria (114 beds) is not. Paderborn
during the celebration week, Saint Fermin '(bull run) of 6 to 14 July is the whole city crowded. All accommodations are fully booked! The hotel prices are exploding.
will fill quickly, so you should make a reservation as soon as possible, both for your initial arrival, and your arrival on return, since it is likely to be during the festival of San Fermin also.

Is it possible to make a reservation at Casa Paderborn ?- I was under the impression you couldn't reserve at albergues....

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sojourner47 said:
Is it possible to make a reservation at Casa Paderborn ?- I was under the impression you couldn't reserve at albergues....

Sojourner,

According to Eroski Consumer http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es./etapa-de-zubiri-a-pamplona you can NOT reserve at Casa Paderborn or Jesus y Maria in Pamplona since they are municipal albergues. In general you can only reserve a bunk in advance at some private albergues. One place where you can reserve in advance is the Hostel Hemingway. See http://www.hostelhemingway.com/

Margaret

Yes, as I thought. Thanks for the link, Margaret.
Not that I will be there for San Fermin, later in the year planned.

According to Paderborn:
No, the Casa Paderborn takes no reservations. Our confraternity is associated with the confraternity in Santiago. So we stick to their rules!
But at Sanfermin the town is overcrowded. Even in the surrounding places all beds are occupied.
The municipal refuge is closed for pilgrims an Sanfermin. The municipality will make money from the bullrunners!
First try Hostal Hemingway.
Buen Camino
Jochen
So it looks like a hostal or nothing, with "nothing" being the likely outcome!

http://www.jakobusfreunde-paderborn.eu/ ... mplona.pdf

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone,

I am arriving at 7:30pm into Pamplona and it looks like the bus only runs at 6pm to Roncavelles daily? I was hoping there would be something in the morning but someone please correct me if I am wrong. This makes me want to start the camino in Pamplona because this would mean another 24 hours of delays.. which I know there will be some but it is the fall and I do want to start my walk.

Thanks for any info!!

ALSA bus: Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied De Port 14:00 15:45 1h 45min € 20.0
Personally, I leave from Pamplona! Quite simply, it is much easier and faster.

I have the same "problem" as you, veggy, my plane will be landing in Pamplona at 6.05 pm, just not in time for the bus to Roncesvalles, where I have desided to start my camino this time ...

I thouht I will take a taxi though, and count it into my travel budget.
Anybody knows the cost of this these days?

(Maybe I will search in another thread here for people to share it with me, I am arriving Pamplona the 9th of October :)).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Some of this information appears dated and the original link did not work for me.

My GF and I arrive in Madrid 10:05 AM Monday. I must check my poles on the flight so making it to Pamplona in time for the bus to Roncevalles may be a problem.

If it is, maybe other might want to share a cab to SJPDP?

There is no service Sundays or holidays for the Artieda bus. ALSA has not announced its schedule to SJPdP for May.

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back