• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Pamplona to Saint James de port

Time of past OR future Camino
2014 Pamplona to Burgos, 2017 SJDP to Santiago,
Have done my research and it looks like it leaves at around 2.30pm but does it run on sunday ? as many things in spain don't.
Cheers Scott

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
That sounds like the Alsa bus. Depends on when you are travelling.
10:00 AM (1st June - 30th September)
12:00 PM (20th June - 5th September)
14:30 PM (1st March - 2nd November)
17:30 PM (1st April - 2nd November)
Info from Caminoteca.

There is a local (cheaper bus) but I don’t know the timetable.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The local bus is Conda, info here: http://www.conda.es/eventos.php?tipo=3&id=438

From the web page:

• 10:00 (1/6 - 30/9)
  • 12:00 (20/6 - 5/9)
  • 14:30 (1/3 - 2/11)
  • 17:30 (1/4 - 2/11)
As it lets me 'buy' a ticket for Sundays, I assume the time table means daily.

Buen Camino, SY

I note your Camino date 1 April 2018. I am assuming, maybe erroneously, that is your travel day. That day is not only Sunday, it is Easter. The info above is helpful to me being a few days behind. Forgive me if my assumptions are incorrect.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The local bus is Conda, info here: http://www.conda.es/eventos.php?tipo=3&id=438

From the web page:

• 10:00 (1/6 - 30/9)
  • 12:00 (20/6 - 5/9)
  • 14:30 (1/3 - 2/11)
  • 17:30 (1/4 - 2/11)
As it lets me 'buy' a ticket for Sundays, I assume the time table means daily.

I don't quite trust that schedule. I don't believe that CONDA updates the page.

Here is a 2018 bus schedule as updated in January 2018 by the tourism office in SJPdP (in French): "http://www.saintjeanpieddeport-pays.../17030/file/MAJ COMPOSTELLE-2018 FRANCAIS.pdf

There appears to be a mistake where the year for the Pamplona to SJPdP schedule has not been changed from 2017 to 2018 (although it does say 2018 for the SJPdP to Pamplona schedule and the itinerary dates for the P to SJ schedule have been changed from the equivalent 2017 document.)

Same day edit: I went to https://www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/our-destinations and checked the dates for the Pamplona to SJPdP schedule. The PDF looks correct as far as I could tell for all the dates March 2, March 3, March 27, March 28, June 1, June 2, June 3, and June 23. Alsa hadn't added information for September 2 and beyond but I'll trust the tourism office.

The trip takes an hour and 45 minutes and costs 22 euros.

Last edited:
I note your Camino date 1 April 2018. I am assuming, maybe erroneously, that is your travel day. That day is not only Sunday, it is Easter. The info above is helpful to me being a few days behind. Forgive me if my assumptions are incorrect.
Thank you. I will already be in SJDPP in 1 April . I arrive 31 March from Pamplona staying the night in SJDPP before starting on 1 April.

I think we have just given the OP the same info three times over but that’s all to the good.:) I do remember a thread some time ago about a local company that also does the run and costs quite a bit less but can’t be booked in advance like the Alsa/Conda bus.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I think we have just given the OP the same info three times over but that’s all to the good.:) I do remember a thread some time ago about a local company that also does the run and costs quite a bit less but can’t be booked in advance like the Alsa/Conda bus.
The tourist office PDF I posted a bit earlier has the Autocares Artieda bus schedule between Pamplona and Roncevalles (but the correct URL is http://www.autocaresartieda.com/?scc=roncesvalles ) and it also has the Plmautocares ( https://www.plmautocares.com/ ) schedule between Pamplona, Valcarlos and Pekotxeta, Spain (Arneguy). (It does not go to/from SJPdP as that would need an international license.)

Last edited:
Thank you. I will already be in SJDPP in 1 April . I arrive 31 March from Pamplona staying the night in SJDPP before starting on 1 April.
I thought it worth checking. I will be a few days behind you. All the best to you, Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Have done my research and it looks like it leaves at around 2.30pm but does it run on sunday ? as many things in spain don't.
Cheers Scott
Another last minute option which we did was to take a taxi with other pilgrims. We all met at the train station in Pamplona and were headed for the bus. At the bus station, we realized we had a 2 hr wait. You can get a taxi for 100Euro for 4, only a couple more euro than the bus, and you won’t have to wait.

Hi All, this is a really big question for me as well. I'm taking a train from Malaga to Madrid (will stay for one night), and then take the train to Pamplona where I HOPE with fingers crossed that I find and make the bus trip to SJPDP all on Palm Sunday in time to do the camino the next day (March 26th). I hope all timing is right with this, I'm a bit nervous as I am traveling solo but hopefully all goes well.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back