• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Pamplona to SJdPP?

novelia

Does anyone know a fast and cheap way to go from Pamplona busstation to SJdPP on May 14 except from Express Bourricot (they'll only leave from the airport this day)?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are no buses from Pamplona to St Jean outside of a few weeks in mid-summer.
Taxis to St Jean can be very costly unless you are able to share with other pilgrims.
On this website you can put your name down to share a ride.
http://www.taxipamplona.com/comparte.php

◦Weekdays: From Pamplona to Roncesvalles: 57 euros; Airport Pamplona to Roncesvalles: 60 euros, from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port: 96 euros and the airport from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port: 100 euros.
◦Weekends and holidays: From Pamplona to Roncesvalles: 70 EUR Airport Pamplona to Roncesvalles: 75 euros, from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port: 120 euros and the airport from Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port: 125 euros.
◦Given the option of sharing a taxi with other pilgrims. More information

The airport is only about 6km from the city. It might be worth getting a taxi to the airport so that you can meet up with Express Bourricot.

Attachments

• Bild 10.png
    Bild 10.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 8,060
  • Bild 19.png
    Bild 19.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 8,067
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Do you know if this bus service will continue through the end of August? We will be travelling from Pamplona to SJPP on Aug 28 and have reserved with Bouricott, but would prefer the bus as a cheaper option. Should we purchase tickets in advance (over the internet)? Should we just wait till sometime in August to buy?

It continues all summer and even in the beginning of October. I don´t know if it is a seasonal bus. I will check if I can find out more.

http://www.alsa.es the international timetable. You can´t buy tickets online.

PS. The last date for the timetable from Pamplona t SJPP is 2012- 11 -09.

ALSA indicates that the Pamplona to St.-Jean-Pied-de-Port bus will run until September 30, 2012.

Origen Destino Salida Llegada Duración Precio Ida desde hasta días
Pamplona Saint Jean De Pied De Port 14:00 15:45 1h 45min 15.0€ 01/06/2012 30/09/2012 LMXJVSD

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
falcon, I am sure you are right (you usually are) and I am wrong but this is what I get:

Attachments

• Bild 2.png
    Bild 2.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 7,918
desde hasta
01/06/2012 30/09/2012
On a search without a date, ALSA shows the time frame for its schedules. The above is saying that from June 1, 2012 to September 30, 2012, the schedule will operate. They usually do what they say!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is no longer a city bus from the Pamplona airport into Pamplona, so you will need to take a taxi. My last time there, a Swedish man was also arriving, so we shared a taxi to Jesus y Maria -- instant Camino buddy! You will want to go to the bus station, of course.

Good news - there are actually two buses daily from Pamplona to SJPP during July, August and September.

Pamplona Saint Jean De Pied De Port 14:00 15:45 1h 45min 15.0€ 30.0€ 01/06/2012 01/07/2012
Pamplona Saint Jean De Pied De Port 14:00 15:45 1h 45min 15.0€ 30.0€ 02/07/2012 30/09/2012
Pamplona Saint Jean De Pied De Port 17:30 19:15 1h 45min 15.0€ 30.0€ 02/07/2012 30/09/2012

http://www.alsa.es

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can someone tell me how we get from the train station in Pamplona to the Alsa bus station ? We arrive in Pamplona from Barcelona in the morning, Aug. 19th, leave Pamplona on the 14:00 bus.
Thank You !
Marilyn

Take a taxi, or walk about 2 km.

Pamplona
Calle del Muelle, 31012 Pamplona, Spain

1. Head southeast on Calle del Muelle

38 m
2. Turn left to stay on Calle del Muelle

190 m
3. Turn right to stay on Calle del Muelle

32 m
4. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit
Go through 1 roundabout

800 m
5. At Gipuzkoako Etorbidea, take the 3rd exit onto Av de Guipúzcoa

250 m
6. Continue onto Calle de la Taconera

350 m
7. Slight left to stay on Calle de la Taconera

55 m
8. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Calle de Navas de Tolosa

230 m
9. Calle de Navas de Tolosa turns slightly right and becomes Calle de Yanguas y Miranda

59 m
10. Turn right to stay on Calle de Yanguas y Miranda

16 m
11. Turn left to stay on Calle de Yanguas y Miranda

93 m
12. Turn right to stay on Calle de Yanguas y Miranda
Destination will be on the right

41 m

Estación de autobuses
Calle de Yanguas y Miranda, 2, 31003 Pamplona, Spain

Great, thanks Falcon ! I will print this off to take with me so I don't get lost :) If taking a taxi, any idea how much it should cost, and do I have to confirm the price before getting into the taxi ?

We are planning on taking two bikes on the bus from Pamplona to SJdPP on 11 SEPTEMBER. Do the bikes require bagging or boxing for this trip, or can they go naked? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

When booking your ticket on ALSA you must indicate that you will be travelling with your bike. The system will automatically add the bike fee of €10 (long distance) to your ticket. Passengers taking a bicycle must be present for boarding with their ticket at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
Because of limited space available they will only carry four bikes per bus. They must be packed into a box or bag.
If there is no more space for bicycles in the bus, the box offering a bike selection will not be available on the website.

I will be arriving in Pamplona mid afternoon on 9-12. should I be able to catch a bus to St. Jean in that time frame?

Thx Bill

The ALSA bus currently showing:

Pamplona Saint Jean De Pied De Port 14:00 15:45 1h 45min 20.0€ LMXJVSD

autobusesdenavarra.com shows:

Pamplona - Saint Jean de Pied de Port 14:00 Saint Jean de Pied du Port 15:30 LMXJVSD CONDA 10.00 €

Same departure time; different bus companies; different fare, but it may be the same bus. If you arrive mid-afternoon, you probably cannot make it.

I just took the bus to St. Jean from Pamplona in June and yes, it only runs at 2:00 p.m. from the bus station in Pamplona.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
okay lots of post here so i apologize in advance if this question has been answered. i will be flying into pamplona airport @ 10am and need to get to the pamplona bus station to leave at 2pm. how do i get to bus station? and how far away? thank u!

Pamplona Airport
Spain

1. Head southeast toward NA-6026
400 m
2. Turn right onto NA-6026
450 m
3. Sharp right onto PA-31
650 m
4. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit and stay on PA-31
1.2 km
5. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto PA-30
400 m
6. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A-15 ramp to Pamplona
Partial toll road
350 m
7. Merge onto A-15
Toll road
140 m
8. Take exit 83B for PA-31 toward Pamplona/Iruña
750 m
9. Keep left at the fork
Go through 1 roundabout
1.7 km
10. Continue onto Av. Zaragoza/Zaragozako Etorb.
Go through 1 roundabout
1.4 km
11. Keep right at the fork
300 m
12. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Av. Conde Oliveto/Oliveto Kondearen Etorb.
300 m
13. Turn right onto Pakearen Plaza/Plaza de la Paz
22 m
14. Slight right onto Calle Yanguas y Miranda/Yanguas y Miranda Kalea
Destination will be on the right
170 m

Estación de autobuses
Calle Yanguas y Miranda, 2
31003 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
11.1 km and 17 minutes. The bus no longer goes from the airport to the city, so you will need to take a taxi. You can walk off the airport grounds to the exit on the road and catch a city bus there.
autobuses

Pamplona Airport
Spain
Walk to Noain
About 26 mins (2.1 km)
Noain
Tafalla-Artajona-Pamplona
Bus towards Pamplona
8:35am - 8:45am (10 mins, 1 stop)
Estación de Autobuses de Pamplona
Walk to Estación de autobuses
About 2 mins (150 m)

Estación de autobuses
Calle Yanguas y Miranda, 2
31003 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain

Does anyone know if the Pamplona to SJPP service will be offered again in 2013? If so how about the dates? Searched all over the ALSA site but can't find anything. Thanks!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The bus to SJPdP will operate Easter week, the days in bold below, then starts summer service the first week in May.

station of origin station of destination departure arrival Duration retail price departure days
Pamplona Saint Jean De Pied De Port 14:00 15:45 1h 45min 20.0€ 22/03/2013 07/04/2013 LMXJVSD

Can you just buy a ticket at the station before boarding the bus? Or do you need to book in advance?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you check on the ALSA website, there is only one bus at 14h00. This might change for the busy period. It says that you can't book this but online.

I will be arriving to Pamplona by Vueling at 13:05. I'm wondering can I get a taxi to the Alsa bus station and then get the bus which is depart 14:00 to SJPP? it is really rush?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
sillydoll said:
It says that you can't book this but online.

Where exactly did you see this? I can't see anything on the Alsa or Conda sites saying it must be bought online and I was planning on buying my ticket tomorrow at the station. Thanks!

Just an update. I called the Alsa number, you CAN buy tickets at the station in Pamplona, directions to the station were posted above by falcon.

Most read last week in this forum

I am flying into Madrid and will arrive early morning. My thought is to go directly to Toledo and stay two nights there in a hotel or hostel so that I will have the ability to sleep during the...
Hello, it's been about 7 years since my last Camino, and this will be the first time I have had to book trains within Spain. There seems to be a few different train booking sites. Booking from...
Hello everyone. My husband has been talking about walking this trail for over 35 years —- since he was 20 years old. But, life’s problems alway seem to get in the way, don’t they? He’s been...
Hi I was wondering if anyone was taking the Express Bouricott from Biarritz to SJPP on the afternoon of 27th May as I am looking to join a group booking if possible….many thanks 😊
Would I be able to bring a backpack (size 20 -25 L) into the cabin and hold on to it rather than being forced to put the backpack into the luggage compartment of the bus? I'm reading several...
Apologies for such a basic question, but can someone confirm the best way to get to Madrid airport from SDC by train. More specifically, can I book the entire route via Trainline? At first glance...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back