• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Pamplona to St. Jean Pied de Port working again.

Pingüigrino

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
For you St. Jean addicts, good news about transportation

From the 21th of June daily service from Pamplona to St. Jean. Departure at 14:30 from Pamplona´s bus station.

194469710_1538065559863368_5097794803672300222_n.jpg

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Short answer - taxi.

In 2019, in a different world, our family of 6 took a taxi from the Pamplona train station. This was in April and bus service wasn't available. Couldn't use the online booking form as it required an NIF number. Reserved via email, no problems. I think they have a maximum 60 day window, as our reservation was made less than a month prior to our arrival.

They have an option to share a taxi, as the cost then was 104 Euros. Driver showed up early, managed suitcases and backpacks quite well, using some amazing Tetris skills. Very nice and professional.

When we were dropped off in St Jean, a member of our party realized they left a camera in the taxi, which was at least 10 minutes down the road. Luckily, the company had provided the driver's cell phone number. Called the number and managed to explain the situation (although if my high school Spanish teacher had heard me she would have wept quietly).

About 15 minutes later the driver returned with the found camera. Refused to take a thank you tip for his troubles. Nice man.

Teletaxi San Fermin.

Home - Taxi Pamplona

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello pingüigrino I thank you greatly for this information, my last solution was, as advised by a person in the forum to travel to Ronssesvales then take a taxi to SJPDP. You have may my trip even easier; I am glad they are opening the 21, I will arrive to Pamplona on the 22 of June.🙏

Short answer - taxi.

In 2019, in a different world, our family of 6 took a taxi from the Pamplona train station. This was in April and bus service wasn't available. Couldn't use the online booking form as it required an NIF number. Reserved via email, no problems. I think they have a maximum 60 day window, as our reservation was made less than a month prior to our arrival.
In April 2017 my family of four had reserved a taxi through an online website to take us to SJPdP when we arrived by train in Pamplona. It was a disaster as no one arrived to meet us, yet we sar sseveral other taxis picking up people. After at least a half hour trying, we finally secured a very small taxi and the young driver drove like a maniac through the mountains for an hour ride...I was a nervous wreck the whole way. I wish there had been a bus!

In April 2017 my family of four had reserved a taxi through an online website to take us to SJPdP when we arrived by train in Pamplona. It was a disaster as no one arrived to meet us, yet we sar sseveral other taxis picking up people. After at least a half hour trying, we finally secured a very small taxi and the young driver drove like a maniac through the mountains for an hour ride...I was a nervous wreck the whole way. I wish there had been a bus!
By any chance due you remember the cost of the maniac ride?

Or does anyone know how much it now costs?
Is it the same cost for one person as for 3/4?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
By any chance due you remember the cost of the maniac ride?

Or does anyone know how much it now costs?
Is it the same cost for one person as for 3/4?
There are Alsa buses from Pamplona to SFPDP.

Thanks Danielle.
Unfortunately for me I cannot get to Pamplona until after the bus departure time, so I'd lose a day waiting.
Hoping to find an alternative option & costs, etc

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I wonder if it's better to book a taxi to SJPDP just on arrival in Pamplona because each time I have arrived at the airport, I found several pilgrims wanting to share a taxi. I wonder if you can book one with other passengers debarking from your train or bus arriving in Pamplona. I certainly would not worry about finding one willing taxi, just the cost if I were alone. Or, if you have time, stay overnight in Pamplona.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Danielle.
Unfortunately for me I cannot get to Pamplona until after the bus departure time, so I'd lose a day waiting.
A day in Pamplona sounds great to me!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well, the source of the information seems imp

A day in Pamplona sounds great to me!
Unfortunately that is two days added to the budget.... late day in P. & all of following day in P....by the time you get to SJPP its late on the second day... its bed time... so doesn't work for my plans.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

I wonder if it's better to book a taxi to SJPDP just on arrival in Pamplona because each time I have arrived at the airport, I found several pilgrims wanting to share a taxi. I wonder if you can book one with other passengers debarking from your train or bus arriving in Pamplona. I certainly would not worry about finding one willing taxi, just the cost if I were alone. Or, if you have time, stay overnight in Pamplona.
Excellent idea Sir.
I'll work on this . Many thanks.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The Conda service referenced in the OP is the same bus that one can reserve on Alsa.es.
Many thanks.
Another thread hereabouts states that the Alsa bus Pamplona to SJPP won't operate until v lat June.

Hadn't heard of Conda so will look that one up.
I fear there is a taxi in my future.....
Again, many thanks.

Especially if you are coming from New Zealand. Get rid of your jet lag. Pamplona is a lovely city, well worth a visit. From Saint-Jean is a pretty hard stage. Buen Camino.
Indeed.
I hear the same. Alas. I don't have the budget to spend an extra day there.
Due to the late hour of the departure of the bus to SIPP, an extra over night in SJPP would add two days to the walk.

None the less. Many. Many thanks for the recommendation.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@OzO - Research buses from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. There used to be a daily bus for the local population, even in winter.

A taxi from there would be cheaper ... or walk 😉.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210606-160447_Bing.jpg
    Screenshot_20210606-160447_Bing.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 10
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Please help me clear this out; my understanding of Pamplona’s bus station that goes to SJPDP is, that it is located at the exit of Pamplona’s airport. Can someone help me clarify this if it isn’t by the airport is it short enough to walk or sure I take a taxi to where ever it is? Thank you

Please help me clear this out; my understanding of Pamplona’s bus station that goes to SJPDP is, that it is located at the exit of Pamplona’s airport. Can someone help me clarify this if it isn’t by the airport is it short enough to walk or sure I take a taxi to where ever it is? Thank you
Click on this link
Pamplona Bus Station (NEW)
+34 948 20 35 66

Thank you; Is the bus station far from Pamplona’s airport port?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We’ve taken the bus from Pamplona to St Jean three caminos. Each time it departed around 10 am. As pilgrim volume increases, hopefully a morning route will come available. Bob

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
So, the bus station is only one? Am I correct? Then I can easily take a taxi from the airport to the bus station since is €1 Euro/ kilometers it shouldn’t be to expensive. Now the problem is I have no idea at what time the flight will arrives to Pamplona 🤷‍♀️I know the plain stops in Madrid, around 8:15 or so, but they haven’t given me the info of what time it arrives to Pamplona. I agree if it is for me to stay over night, just let me know of a good restaurant, and the best pinchos to eat. Thank you for relaxing me, the info is 👍 great!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
So, the bus station is only one? Am I correct? Then I can easily take a taxi from the airport to the bus station since is €1 Euro/ kilometers it shouldn’t be to expensive. Now the problem is I have no idea at what time the flight will arrives to Pamplona 🤷‍♀️I know the plain stops in Madrid, around 8:15 or so, but they haven’t given me the info of what time it arrives to Pamplona. I agree if it is for me to stay over night, just let me know of a good restaurant, and the best pinchos to eat. Thank you for relaxing me, the info is 👍 great!
Only one station. @Doughnut NZ gave you the link. From the link I'm sending you it looks like you will arrive at the airport either one hour before the 14:30 bus departure or too late to take the bus that day.

I used this taxi service in 2018. It was highly recommended to me. They charged 100 euros at the time. There were two of us.
I do not know if they still make the run? The driver was excellent and drove safely. Took us directly to our ALbergue in SJPdP.
The driver was waiting for us when we arrived at Pamplona train station. All went smoothly. Would not hesitate to use them again.

Iván Ojugas Solsona
Paseo Santa Lucía 12
31012 Pamplona Spain
Phone:+34606833522
Mail: transporte.peregrinos@gmail.com
http://linkedin.com/in/iván-ojugas-93267a87

Previously, other forum members have recommended these places in Pamplona to eat. I haven't tried any of them (yet), but most get good reviews on Google Maps.
Iruñazarra
Café Iruña
Bar Gaucho
BEARAN BAR&ROOMS
El Mercao
Or, if you are familiar with Google Maps then use this "List" https://maps.app.goo.gl/Zvxkr8NbNCKu7krJA

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Danielle.
I'm in the same situation as yours. Did you find any other alternative besides spending the night in Pamplona?

I'm in the same situation as yours. Did you find any other alternative besides spending the night in Pamplona?
I always spend a day or two and pamplona upon arrival. I go to the museum, I buy any extra supplies I need, and I recover from the time change. That way when I walk back through I don’t have to stay in pamplona because I’ve already seen it

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For you St. Jean addicts, good news about transportation

From the 21th of June daily service from Pamplona to St. Jean. Departure at 14:30 from Pamplona´s bus station.

View attachment 101499
We took the bus from Pamplona to St. Jean PdP on 9/20/2021 and it was easy: on time, reasonably priced and we arrived safely.

A morning bus was not available from Pamplona to St Jean on Sept 16, so we took a taxi. Picked us up at our hotel near Plaza Castilla and dropped us off at our Hotel in St Jean for 105€ including 10€ tip. Nice comfortable safe ride! Bob

A morning bus was not available from Pamplona to St Jean on Sept 16, so we took a taxi. Picked us up at our hotel near Plaza Castilla and dropped us off at our Hotel in St Jean for 105€ including 10€ tip. Nice comfortable safe ride! Bob
I didn't think that there ever has been a morning bus.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My family arranged a taxi online ahead of time from Pamplona to SJpdp in April 2017 as there were no afternoon buses running yet in early spring. No one was there to pick us up, so through a series of charades and inquiries a taxi driver in a very small car offered to take us. He was very young and drove like a race car driver through the mountains like a maniac and I literally feared for my life. I even screamed out a couple of times. I was so very relieved to finally get out of that car.

Last edited:
My wife and I took a morning bus from the Pamplona bus station in 2019 and 2017 with departures 10:00 am, arriving in St Jean at 11:30. Cost 22€. Bob

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back