Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Bus from Pontferrada to Piedrafita?

orla

Hi there

We are planning to walk part of the camino at the beginning of April. We are starting from Leon but only have 8 days to get to SdeC. We won't be able to walk the full distance from Leon to SdeC in 8 days so we are planning to take a bus for a short part of the journey. I have done some research and I think that we can take a bus in the evening from Pontferrada to Piedrafita and then walk/take a taxi the 5 kms to O Cebreiro. Can anyone tell me if they have done anything similar?

Thanks a lot. :D

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
If I were you I'd consider starting in Astorga or Hospital de Orbigo. The first 30km or so after Leon follow a busy road which isn't good to walk along.

Most read last week in this forum

Are the trains to Madrid from Santiago usually very crowded on a Monday in mid-October? Is it necessary to prebook train tickets well in advance? Thanks!
After walking over Pyrenees and to logrono I’m meeting my kids in Villafranca and do remaining walk. How do I get account w blah blah car - they do not do not seem to accept my US phone number.
We are starting the Camino Frances the 8th of September 2022. Flying into Paris and making our way to Saint Jean. My question is: How long does it take to deplane and clear customs at the...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon