A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Bus from Santiago airport to Triacastela

Camino Badges

Chris Gi

Camino(s) past & future
Did April through June 2018 from Pamplona to Santiago. 2020 May or end of September.
Next spring I plan to make an introduction of the Camino to a dear friend who probably can't walk more than 10 miles per day. However, she does want to do the last 100 Kms and get her Compostela. I thought the walk from Triacastela to Santiago by way of Samos would fill the bill (I love the walk from Triacastela to Samos - one of the prettiest on the Camino) but how do we get to Triacastela? I know there is a bus going to Sarria via Lugo but does it go on to Tricastella or would we need to take a taxi from Lugo?

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
There is one bus weekdays daily at 1800 that leaves the Sarria bus station for Triacastela, and one on Saturday at 1415. There is no Sunday service.

Chris Gi

Camino(s) past & future
Did April through June 2018 from Pamplona to Santiago. 2020 May or end of September.
There is one bus weekdays daily at 1800 that leaves the Sarria bus station for Triacastela, and one on Saturday at 1415. There is no Sunday service.
Thank you - great help :)

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
I have a 7 day (10 miles a day) plan for the Sarria to Santiago. If you interested in a copy, just message me

Chris Gi

Camino(s) past & future
I have a 7 day (10 miles a day) plan for the Sarria to Santiago. If you interested in a copy, just message me
Yes, I would be interested as we would plan to start in Tricastela and walk one day to Samos and then on to Sarria. Not sure how "message" works :-(

Pia Valbak Schmidt

Pilgrim, DK, Caminos 2007,09,11,12,13,14.15,16,18
Camino(s) past & future
2007,2009,2011,2012,2013,2014.2015,2016,2018. Hospitalera 2012,2013,2014,2016,2017
Next spring I plan to make an introduction of the Camino to a dear friend who probably can't walk more than 10 miles per day. However, she does want to do the last 100 Kms and get her Compostela. I thought the walk from Tricastella to Santiago by way of Samos would fill the bill (I love the walk from Tricastella to Samos - one of the prettiest on the Camino) but how do we get to Tricastella? I know there is a bus going to Sarria via Lugo but does it go on to Tricastella or would we need to take a taxi from Lugo?
You go from Santiago to Lugo with Alsa Bus, and from Lugo to Sarria with Monbus, and then from Sarria to Triacastela with the bus that goes from Sarria to Pedrafita Do Cebreiro, it stops in Samos and Triacastela, and the last part only once a day at 18.00 monday to friday, 14.20 on saturdays, and not sundays. But check the timetables to be sure they have not changed! :)Buen Viaje 🍀

Chris Gi

Camino(s) past & future
You go from Santiago to Lugo with Alsa Bus, and from Lugo to Sarria with Monbus, and then from Sarria to Triacastela with the bus that goes from Sarria to Pedrafita Do Cebreiro, it stops in Samos and Triacastela, and the last part only once a day at 18.00 monday to friday, 14.20 on saturdays, and not sundays. But check the timetables to be sure they have not changed! :)Buen Viaje 🍀
Thank you 🙏

Chris Gi

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you 🙏

Cayou

Camino(s) past & future
2015 Villafranca to Santiago
2016 St Jean to Los Arcos
2018 24-Sept Leon to Finnisterre
Taxi from Sarria to Samos last Oct. was about 15E (bus was a 3hr wait), don't think too much more for Triacastela. We did both routes to Sarria - too much fun!

Chris Gi

Camino(s) past & future
Taxi from Sarria to Samos last Oct. was about 15E (bus was a 3hr wait), don't think too much more for Triacastela. We did both routes to Sarria - too much fun!
Thank you - sounds like a plan:)

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
Sarria to Mercadoiro 16.8 km

Mercadoiro to Hospital da Cruz 16.2 km

Hospital da Cruz to San Xulián do Camiño 16.1 km

San Xulián do Camiño to Boente 16.4 km

Boente to A Calle 16.3 km

A Calle to Amenal 14.9 km

Amenal to Santiago 17.0 km

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%