• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Santiago Airport to Tui

Lorrainebow

Hi there,
We are walking the camino from Tui to Santiago starting mid week next week. Does anyone have suggestions of getting from the Airport in Santiago to Tui? We cant get the alsa website to open for us and I am beginning to worry our flight arrives a little late if there are limited buses headed that way.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Lorrainebow,

On the Alsa international site are listed 2 daily buses from the Santiago bus station to Valenca do Minho, Portugal. which is across the border from Tui, Spain. These depart at 12:00 and 18:00. Travel time is 2 hours or so. Price 23 euros. The Alsa national site does not recognize Tui or Tuy as a destination.

Bon voyage and Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Thank you so much Margaret Meredith! Sorry for all the questions but does that mean it stops at Tui/Tuy en route to Valenca do Minho or i need to find another means of transport from Valenca back to Tui?

Thanks so much for your help :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you so much Margaret Meredith! Sorry for all the questions but does that mean it stops at Tui/Tuy en route to Valenca do Minho or i need to find another means of transport from Valenca back to Tui?

Thanks so much for your help :)

You might ask when you buy your ticket. If it does not stop you could walk back to Tui from Valenca do Minho since that is the route of the Camino Portugues to Santiago. Following it you cross the river Minho on the 19th century international bridge designed by Eiffel of tower fame; views from the bridge are especially splendid at dusk as the lights come on.

MM

I don't know where the bus would stop in Valença but if it's anywhere near the train station then it's an easy 60km walk across the river to Tui. Always fun to cross an international border and a time zone on foot!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I don't know where the bus would stop in Valença but if it's anywhere near the train station then it's an easy 60km walk across the river to Tui. Always fun to cross an international border and a time zone on foot!
Hopefully you meant 6km - not 60 km

:)

Empressa Freire - Santiago Airport to Santiago hourly
http://www.empresafreire.com/html/castelan/seccion0.php

Monbus - Santiago to Vigo 13 x daily
http://www.monbus.es/index2.htm

Renfe - Santiago to Vigo - Vigo to Tui
http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Autocares Lazara - Vigo to Tui (from Andorra) 1 x daily
http://www.autocareslazara.com/index.html

Autna - Vigo to Valenca 5 x daily
http://www.autna.com/venta/index.php

Estacion de Autobuses Vigo. See ATSA - It has several buses to Tui daily.
http://vigobus.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Dear Lorraine, When we were making that connection a month ago, this is what worked for us. We got a taxi to the Santiago bus station from the airport (there is a standard 20eu fare, no extra for 3 of us and our backpacks. If you have time you could get the airport bus which stops at the bus station).
We got a Monbus to Vigo (1 hr and 30 min) and then an Atsa bus from Vigo to Tui. (I hope I remember correctly, but I know we left Santiago at 6pm (not 5pm as we had intended because our flight had arrived late) and we got to Tui at 9.30pm (with about an hour's wait at Vigo bus station in between). I think the 5pm bus would have connected more efficiently. I paid a total of 11.75eu for the two buses. The companies have separate counters in the bus stations, and there was no need to pre-book a seat. Whariwharangi has given you the various company websites here. I attempted to suss out the train routes and buses via Pontevedra online, but I found it difficult. And as Margaret has said, Tui isn't mentioned on Alsa international route so I didn't chance it--although the idea of walking across from Valenca would indeed be tempting.
Buen camino!

Buen Camino Everyone! What a wonderful website this is and how brilliant and helpful you all are! Thank you Jirit for confirming what I was thinking having further researched it but was doubting myself. Whariwharangi thank you for taking the time to post all the links. Whalleyranger thank you for the heads up. MM thank you for getting this thread started with me and for all your advice. And Silverton...thank you very much. Seeing as you went this route a month ago I shall follow your footsteps (bus wheels!) I am mightily grateful for the advice!

I can't believe how helpful everyone has been....it makes me even more excited for the adventure ahead and the people I will meet :)!

Thank you all!

Most read last week in this forum

I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back