• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from SdC to Madrid...

Valinsky

Time of past OR future Camino
Logrono - SdC (May/June 13)
SdC - Finisterre/Muxia (21/6-2014 --> )
Hi folks,

my plans is getting clearer and clearer. As it seems I will, after my arrival in SdC, continue to Madrid for some days of city life before my flight will carry me back up to the North.

I found this bus company - ALSA ( https://www.alsa.es/en ), due to travelling time it seems to be a much better alternative than train. Have anyone of you any experiences? If yes, please let me know.

Difficulties in deciding exact date, no actual need to hurry and interest in seeing the country are the main reasons why I won´t take the plane between SdC and Madrid.

Now I will start counting grams.

Thx in advance

// J

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Valinsky,

You should take a look at some of these threads:
traveling-to-from-the-camino/topic10613.html
traveling-to-from-the-camino/topic12270.html

and a few others in the "traveling to and from the camino" part of the forum, just do a little searching.

You'll find, surprise, surprise, that there is a difference of opinion on the bus vs. train vs. plane decision. I've taken a bus from SdC to Lisbon and would move mountains to try not to repeat that. But some people love bus travel. I think the train is faster, probably more expensive, but if I don't fly from Santiago to Madrid, train is my second choice.

Buen camino, Laurie

I took the overnight bus from Santiago to the Madrid airport, and it was the worst travel experience of my life! Others might love it...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I took the day bus, it was great apart from the fiery roadblocks setup by protesting striking workers, the bus even had free wifi.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back