Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Bus from SdC to Madrid...

Valinsky

Past OR future Camino
Logrono - SdC (May/June 13)
SdC - Finisterre/Muxia (21/6-2014 --> )
Hi folks,

my plans is getting clearer and clearer. As it seems I will, after my arrival in SdC, continue to Madrid for some days of city life before my flight will carry me back up to the North.

I found this bus company - ALSA ( https://www.alsa.es/en ), due to travelling time it seems to be a much better alternative than train. Have anyone of you any experiences? If yes, please let me know.

Difficulties in deciding exact date, no actual need to hurry and interest in seeing the country are the main reasons why I won´t take the plane between SdC and Madrid.

Now I will start counting grams.

Thx in advance

// J

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Valinsky,

You should take a look at some of these threads:
traveling-to-from-the-camino/topic10613.html
traveling-to-from-the-camino/topic12270.html

and a few others in the "traveling to and from the camino" part of the forum, just do a little searching.

You'll find, surprise, surprise, that there is a difference of opinion on the bus vs. train vs. plane decision. I've taken a bus from SdC to Lisbon and would move mountains to try not to repeat that. But some people love bus travel. I think the train is faster, probably more expensive, but if I don't fly from Santiago to Madrid, train is my second choice.

Buen camino, Laurie

D

Deleted member 3000

I took the overnight bus from Santiago to the Madrid airport, and it was the worst travel experience of my life! Others might love it...

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
I took the day bus, it was great apart from the fiery roadblocks setup by protesting striking workers, the bus even had free wifi.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads