• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Toulouse to Pamplona

tgam

Time of past OR future Camino
none
I am wondering if anyone has taken a bus from Toulouse to Pamplona? We are starting our Camino in Pamplona and it seems we have a choice of an overnight bus or 7:30 a.m. bus that arrives at 3 p.m. with ALSA. It seems there is one change in San Sebastian to a Conda bus line or an early morning bus.

Is the Toulouse Pierre Semard bus terminal a busy and safe place to be at midnight on a Sunday night? Is the Conda bus transfer done at the same bus station where the Alsa bus arrives in San Sebastian? Can anyone comment on the bus route? Go Euro charges 2/3 the price for the overnight trip. Thank you for your help!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well, you could walk from Toulouse! The Arles route (one of the four described by Amery Picard) goes through Toulouse and becomes the Camino Aragonés which joins the Camino Francés at Punta La Reina.

Rather than go through San Sebastian (which is a long way round), why not go from Toulouse to Oloron-Sante-Marie (train or bus), then by bus to Canfranc, and from there to Jaca and Pamplona. If using Rome2Rio for some reason it does not show this route. It is absolutely glorious scenery - stunning going up the Valley of the Aspe. See this article from Wikipedia on the Canfranc railway and you will see what I mean:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pau–Canfranc_railway

Hi tgam! Welcome to the forum!

Is the Conda bus transfer done at the same bus station where the Alsa bus arrives in San Sebastian?

Yes, it is.

Go Euro charges 2/3 the price for the overnight trip.

Did you take a look at the fares at the web of Alsa? www.alsa.es/en

Rather than go through San Sebastian (which is a long way round),

IMHO, it's not a long detour. Distance is similar and overall travel time by public transport is shortern making the route changing buses in San Sebastián.

. If using Rome2Rio for some reason it does not show this route.

I'm not a fan of Rome2Rio but in this case I can understand why it isn't showed that route.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am wondering if anyone has taken a bus from Toulouse to Pamplona? We are starting our Camino in Pamplona and it seems we have a choice of an overnight bus or 7:30 a.m. bus that arrives at 3 p.m. with ALSA. It seems there is one change in San Sebastian to a Conda bus line or an early morning bus.

Is the Toulouse Pierre Semard bus terminal a busy and safe place to be at midnight on a Sunday night? Is the Conda bus transfer done at the same bus station where the Alsa bus arrives in San Sebastian? Can anyone comment on the bus route? Go Euro charges 2/3 the price for the overnight trip. Thank you for your help!

CONDA is owned by ALSA. If you go to the CONDA website and look up a schedule you will find yourself on the ALSA site. The transfer to the CONDA bus at San Sebastian is the same spot as the ALSA bus terminates.

San Sebastian has a new bus station located near the San Sebastian Renfe station. All of the bus companies have relocated from the outdoor bus stop at Plaza Pio XII to the new facilities.

If I were going from Toulouse to Pamplona I would do it with SNCF train from Toulouse to Irun/Hendaye, Renfe Cercanias from Irun to San Sebastian, and ALSA/CONDA bus from San Sebastian to Pamplona.

If the service is by SNCF TER train it will terminate in Hendaye. The choice becomes taking Metro Donostialdea from Hendaia (colocated with Hendaye) to Irun Colon (across the street from Irun Renfe) or onward to San Sebastian Amara. The San Sebastian bus station is located across the river from Amara ... about 1 km away.

Overnight bus travel is like being dragged backwards through a hedge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what to expect leaving from la gare routiere in Toulouse at 7:30 a.m. by bus. It seems the bus station only opens at 9h30. I hear it is not the safest part of town... Any comments?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I recall some homeless people with very large dogs near the train station, but I did not feel uncomfortable. I do not know if the bus station is nearby. There are usually cafes open near train and bus stations.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back