• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Vigo to Baiona?

GoBevGo

Time of past OR future Camino
Coastal / Portuguese route Aug 2022
My friends and I have to travel from Braga, Portugal to Baiona, Spain on Sunday August 28, as we will be starting our camino the next morning from Baiona. We have found a direct bus from Braga to Vigo, but it is hard to find exact information about the bus from Vigo to Baiona. Can anyone give me information on these points:
1. Which bus or buses can we take?​
2. Where do we catch the Vigo-Baiona bus/buses from? Can we catch one from the Vigo bus station (that's where we will arrive from Braga)?​
3. Are taxis a better option or an option at all?​
Any help is welcome, but personal experience would help the most!
Thanks so much,
Bev

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Rome2Rio is your friend

It's also a very nice walk once you clear the industrial areas of Vigo. Take the coastal route.

Rome2Rio is your friend

It's also a very nice walk once you clear the industrial areas of Vigo. Take the coastal route.
Thanks- I did look at this but it isn’t clear where to catch the bus —
Rome2Rio is your friend

Thanks- I did look at this but it is not clear where to catch the bus. Probably the main bus station?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks- I did look at this but it is not clear where to catch the bus. Probably the main bus station?
No! Well maybe, but generally the best way is just to take one of the municipal busses. In this case the 151 which runs down Grand Via, which is the main artery through Vigo.

As @Corned Beef said, you could walk it in a day. My copy of Rome2Rio suggests catching the Ferry at a cost of E50 each and two hours travel time or a taxi would be a possibility if there are several of you as it is a half hour drive. The advantage with a taxi is that you get dropped at your destination. A taxi split between (say) three people would be a lot less than E50 each. Someone suggested approximately E1 per kilometre and so expect a taxi to cost around E60+ total.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Google is your friend also.

If you zoom in on Vigo Bus Station, you'll see there is a Lugove office there on the eastern side.

Or if you are uncertain, the R2R schedule shows a stop on the Gran Via (Vigo is big!!). Or you might wander down to 60 Av da Florida which is the next stop after the Gran Via.

I'd go to the Bus Station and ask as that part of Vigo is quite hilly and you don't want to go wandering the streets there.

I would get the bus from Vigo Bus Station https://goo.gl/maps/LfbCkm8nJoMvFQR37

Vigo Bus Station is pretty dour but they will be moving stations soon to inter-modal facility see https://www.farodevigo.es/gran-vigo...nueva-estacion-autobuses-urzaiz-67709042.html

So by August it should be open?? Not clear though what they will do with old station.

Service is much cheaper (2.25€) than taxi (35€). Yes I've caught the bus many times, it's reliable and the journey is pleasant along the coastal road and people on it are a friendly bunch.

Vigo Bus Station is pretty dour but they will be moving stations soon to inter-modal facility see https://www.farodevigo.es/gran-vigo...nueva-estacion-autobuses-urzaiz-67709042.html

So by August it should be open?? Not clear though what they will do with old station.

Service is much cheaper (2.25€) than taxi (35€). Yes I've caught the bus many times, it's reliable and the journey is pleasant along the coastal road and people on it are a friendly bunch.

Yes, I’ve just done this with my partner. The local bus is from Vigo central bus station and takes about 40 minutes, will pull into stand 12 to 19 within Vigo bus station. The information kiosk in the station will give you all this information.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
As @Corned Beef said, you could walk it in a day. My copy of Rome2Rio suggests catching the Ferry at a cost of E50 each and two hours travel time or a taxi would be a possibility if there are several of you as it is a half hour drive. The advantage with a taxi is that you get dropped at your destination. A taxi split between (say) three people would be a lot less than E50 each. Someone suggested approximately E1 per kilometre and so expect a taxi to cost around E60+ total.
We are on a time crunch so we can't walk it on the Sunday. There's 4 of us, so the taxi could work, but other users have given me the bus number which goes from the bus station so we'll likely do that. Thanks for your input! Appreciated!

No! Well maybe, but generally the best way is just to take one of the municipal busses. In this case the 151 which runs down Grand Via, which is the main artery through Vigo.
Thanks I'll look into where this bus begins, hopefully near the main bus station where we arrive!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Thank you, this is very helpful!

Yes, I’ve just done this with my partner. The local bus is from Vigo central bus station and takes about 40 minutes, will pull into stand 12 to 19 within Vigo bus station. The information kiosk in the station will give you all this information.
Yes! -- someone who has done it before recently is always a great source! Thanks so much for this, very helpful!

Thanks everyone for the information -- it seems there may be a new bus station by late August anyway, so we may have to discover for ourselves which bus to take! The links you have all posted will assist us.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My friends and I have to travel from Braga, Portugal to Baiona, Spain on Sunday August 28, as we will be starting our camino the next morning from Baiona. We have found a direct bus from Braga to Vigo, but it is hard to find exact information about the bus from Vigo to Baiona. Can anyone give me information on these points:
1. Which bus or buses can we take?​
2. Where do we catch the Vigo-Baiona bus/buses from? Can we catch one from the Vigo bus station (that's where we will arrive from Braga)?​
3. Are taxis a better option or an option at all?​
Any help is welcome, but personal experience would help the most!
Thanks so much,
Bev
Bev,
I just did this same route in early May, this year. The buses from Braga arrive at the main bus station in Vigo. I came in on a late Saturday afternoon and a manned window for the local buses was still open. Buses are more frequently than hourly. If the window is closed, I'm sure that the local people will tell you where to go-- the buses depart from the same bus station. I got off at Nigran.

Bev,
I just did this same route in early May, this year. The buses from Braga arrive at the main bus station in Vigo. I came in on a late Saturday afternoon and a manned window for the local buses was still open. Buses are more frequently than hourly. If the window is closed, I'm sure that the local people will tell you where to go-- the buses depart from the same bus station. I got off at Nigran.
Thanks! Sounds like we will have no issues doing this too!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back