• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Zaragoza to Pamplona?

KScroggins

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2023
Hi! I'm planning to travel from Barcelona to SJPdP on Friday, 31 March. Google maps shows me that I can take a bus from Barcelona to Zaragoza, and then from Zaragoza to Pamplona in time for the noon bus to SJPdP, but the Alsa web site says there are no buses from Zaragoza to Pamplona at all, for any date. Does anyone have any insight about this?
If there's no way to get from Zaragoza to Pamplona, I can take the train from Barcelona and hopefully split costs for a taxi from Pamplona to SJPdP, since the train gets in at 13:24.
I just wanted to see if anyone knew something about the bus situation in Spain.
Thank you!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
ALSA is not the main operator on that route so it’s not surprising they have no offering. You might try HIFE but their website makes RENFE’s look user friendly. The direct train is probably your best bet if only to avoid the stress of trying to sort out your journey in advance. Of course you could just go to the bus station in Barca and ask around. Someone will know

Buses in Spain are great. Regular, efficient and affordable. And one day they’ll get around to making useful information readily available on the “‘net”, just not yet

ALSA runs multiple buses on that route, but it looks like the March schedule has not been released online yet. If you type in a February date, you’ll see that the route exists. I’d check back March 1st.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi! I'm planning to travel from Barcelona to SJPdP on Friday, 31 March. Google maps shows me that I can take a bus from Barcelona to Zaragoza, and then from Zaragoza to Pamplona in time for the noon bus to SJPdP, but the Alsa web site says there are no buses from Zaragoza to Pamplona at all, for any date. Does anyone have any insight about this?
If there's no way to get from Zaragoza to Pamplona, I can take the train from Barcelona and hopefully split costs for a taxi from Pamplona to SJPdP, since the train gets in at 13:24.
Thank you!
Hi I did this journey a couple of years ago , I researched that the train was the best option for me at that time . There are many different bus companies in Spain. Alsa and the others don't post online bookings far into the future . Also something to note for those who have reached the age of 60 a 40% discount card is available at ticket offices . It lasts a year and costs 6 euro . https://www.renfe.com/es/en/suburban/suburban-madrid/fares/discounts/over-60s

Train (Renfe) is much more comfortable and faster for this long journey

Zaragoza is a great city if you need to stay overnight and then go on early the next morning. The bus and train station are combined there. Easy to get downtown by catching the city bus just outside the bus station side. I've stayed in an AirBNB in the old town, but also stayed overnight in the hotel (Eurostars) in the station. I don't see the bus schedule either yet for March 31 either but I know there is a route and also an early train that would get you to Pamplona in time to catch the bus.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you!
Hola

Investigate how to egt to Pamplona with train and post at what time you are supposed to arrive at the station.
With that information we can give you more advice.

Check: rome2rio.com

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back