• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus ride to Logrono?

Vanozza

Time of past OR future Camino
I have walked part of the Camino Frances one and a half times. I ended in Sahagun in April 2019.
I am concerned that I may not be able to walk the entire distance between Los Arcos and Logrono. Is there a bus that
runs along that route? For example, if I were to run out of juice in Viana, would I be able to hop a bus there? Or hail a taxi?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The parochial in Viana is wonderful! There is also a nice albergue there, and many private places.
Just stop there - and yes, next morning there are buses from Viana to Logrono, but that is a nice walk in my opinion.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The parochial in Viana is wonderful! There is also a nice albergue there, and many private places.
Just stop there - and yes, next morning there are buses from Viana to Logrono, but that is a nice walk in my opinion.
Thank you for this advice!

Why catch a bus? This is a walk! Once you start getting buses the temptation is to go all the way by vehicle. Stop at Viana - it is lovely.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am not too old but apparently my bones are (knees). I read a lot about people saying do it in stages, and thats great for some, but I say go at your own pace. From looking at maps there are enough places to stop along the way and who knows we may discover some little town with beautiful charm for a well deserved camino break. I am trying my best to remain open to pain, pleasure of meeting other pilgrims, amazing views and wonderful Spanish culture.
Buen Camino

Why catch a bus? This is a walk! Once you start getting buses the temptation is to go all the way by vehicle. Stop at Viana - it is lovely.
I have to catch a plane in Bilbao in two days, but if I do not finish the walk into Logrono, I will backtrack when I return in September. ( I am a purist Appalachian Trail hiker so I would not be changing my stripes for El Camino. ) Thanks for your good advice

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am concerned that I may not be able to walk the entire distance between Los Arcos and Logrono. Is there a bus that
runs along that route? For example, if I were to run out of juice in Viana, would I be able to hop a bus there? Or hail a taxi?

I've found major problems with bus timetables online in Spain. They often sat that they don't run on a particular route - then you discover there's a bus every hour !
There are buses from Los Arcos to Logrono- just double check for bank holiday type timetable changes

Yes, there is a bus that runs between Los Arcos and Logrono.
Ask at the A'burg for schedule. Or, go to bus stop in Los Arcos and read schedule at the bus stop.

Two times I was in Los Arcos I assisted helping walkers getting to the bus stop.
One of them rode the bus to Logrono to catch the train there. Other rested in Logrono after seeing a doctor.

Also, the husband at the private A'burg in Los Arcos will, for a few euros, drive you to Logrono. Much faster than the bus.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I've found major problems with bus timetables online in Spain. They often sat that they don't run on a particular route - then you discover there's a bus every hour !
There are buses from Los Arcos to Logrono- just double check for bank holiday type timetable changes
Gracias, Veronica.

Last year I took the bus from Los Arcos to Logrono at the end of my walk - and it stopped in several places along the way. If you're staying in Los Arcos you can inquire about the next day's schedule, or just walk the 5 minutes from the church to the bus stop and look at the one posted. Then you'll have a 'Plan B' if you need it. (That said, having done both, the walk was much more enjoyable - but it was long!)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.