Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus safety

marc3l

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-Santiago (2013)
Hi All,

Could someone please advise me if it is safe to ride bus at night (I am female, travelling alone)? I am planning to walk Primitivo this May, but due to lack of time I need to end my walk in Lugo, then on the same day catch the 17.30 bus to Oviedo (estimated arrival time at 22.35). I have booked flight from Oviedo-Madrid the following afternoon, before flying home. I have walked CF (SJPP-Santiago), but have no clue about using bus.

Appreciate your help on this. Thanks.
m

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Bus travel in Spain is very safe. You should have no concerns about arriving in Oviedo at that time. The bus station is in a safe area near the center and there will be people about.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi All,

Thanks so much for help. Actually, I am more worried travelling in a bus at night rather than night time arrival in Oviedo. But, I guess it should be quite safe. I am a bit nervous for this upcoming Camino (not only because of lack of preparation and search) but also the news of the missing pilgrim. I pray Denise will be found safe and well.

I am now considering to move to Frances (as there will be more people around), but I am very inclined to Primitivo. I realize there is nothing 100% risk-free.

I am flying this Friday from Singapore to Madrid, then to Oviedo (current plan - I hope I won't change my mind), and will begin my Camino on May 10.

Thanks,
m

Hi I start walking from Oviedo on the 26th. Hope you have a good walk.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am more worried travelling in a bus at night rather than night time arrival in Oviedo. But, I guess it should be quite safe.

Yes, it's safe. In addition, on your travel dates, sunset will be around 21:45 and there's some light after sunset for some time...

Perfectly safe! Speaking as a repeat solo female pilgrim. As for the missing pilgrim and your concerns, as heartless as it sounds, but is not meant like this: Even considering the recent event, the crime statistic of the Camino is still far, far lower than anything you normally might experience in your home town/ city.
Buen Camino sin angustias, SY

Very safe.

We will be doing Norte again as far as Ribadeo Anemone , and will be then doing Primitivo.
If time is against us i know we can get a bus back from Grande but is there another place to connect to Oviedo or Lugo just after.
Assistance appreciated , tried all sites , no answers.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We will be doing Norte again as far as Ribadeo Anemone , and will be then doing Primitivo.
If time is against us i know we can get a bus back from Grande but is there another place to connect to Oviedo or Lugo just after.
Assistance appreciated , tried all sites , no answers.
I am just guessing, running to work in a few minutes, A Fonsagrada, would as it is a largish town.

Take a look here, hopefully it will help:

http://www.turismo.gal/bono-iacobus-como-chegar-a-fonsagrada?langId=en_US

http://www.aautobuses.com/index.php/ciudad/fonsagrada.html

http://www.horario-autobuses.com/rutas/lugo-fonsagrada.html

Let me know of this does not het you the answer you are looking for, but I will only get back on line in 13 hours. :mad:

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back