• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Santiago Airport Lugo/Sarria

Mads

I am arriving Santiago Airport saturday 30. april at 14.30. Does anybody know if there is a bus to Lugo or Sarria at that time?

Best regards
Mads

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Mads,

Welcome to this forum.

I did call the bus station in Santiago and they could tell me that there are busses from the airport to Lugo Saturdays at 16.00, 17.00 and 18.30. They are with the bus company Freire and the bus stops just outside the airport door (They are doing some construction outside at the moment, but you will have no problem finding it).

Regarding a direct bus to Sarria, take a look at Jeff's question on that here:
viewtopic.php?t=76

By the way, the bus station in Santiago has gotten a new phone number if anyone is interested.

The new number is: 981 542 416

If you call the old number, a message will tell you the new number.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

From the info you've posted, Ivar, it looks like there are 2 bus services Santiago-Lugo:

alsa run 7 times a day, via Corunna, most of which also list Betanzos and Guitiriz as stops. Question: does this service stop anywhere on demand?

freire run 8+ times a day, seemingly via Santiago airport. Question: which route does this service take after the airport, where does it stop, how long does it take?

No hurry, next time you're near the bus station :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I will check this out after I'm back from visiting the fjords in Norway. :)

I believe the bus stopping at the airport continues to Lugo via Melide and Guntin, see map here:
http://www.santiago-today.com/images/map-of-galicia.gif

... but I would have to double check it.

Also, I have a feeling that they will let you off almost anywhere except those bus routes that run along the A-6 (motor way). They will most likely not exit the motor way just to let you off. But if you are on a "regular" road, they will most likely let you off. I will ask about this as well, just to see if they have a policy on it.

Greetings,
Ivar

From Santiago airport to Lugo in late evening

Hi!
First of all congratulation for this great forum!
I have one question.
I'll arrive in santiago airport at 20.20 on friday 26th May. I didn't understand if there is a bus from airport to Lugo for this evening. Please help me. Thanks a lot.
Filippo. :D

Hi Filippo,

As you might know, planning to travel by bus in Galicia via the internet is not easy since not much information is available online.

I can point you to some information that might help you:

On the Airport Homepage ( http://tinyurl.com/4mvka ) I found this (Click "Getting there" and then "Bus"):

Airport-A Coruña line

Itinerary:
Airport-A Coruña (Hotel Atlántico. Jardines Méndez Nuñez s/n).

Stops:
next to the terminal.

Timetable:
From A Coruña: one bus service at 10:30.
From the airport: one bus service at 11:30.

Information telephone:
981 257 082

-----------------

Airport-Lugo line

Itinerary:
Airport-Lugo bus station (Plaza de la Constitución s/n).

Stops:
next to the terminal.

Timetable:
From Lugo: from 7:00am to 7:30pm (daily except Saturdays).
From the airport: from 7:10am to 8:10pm (except on school day during term when the service will be extended until 9:10pm).

Information telephone:
981 588 111
981 542 416

-----------------

Airport-Santiago (bus station) line.

Itinerary:
Airport-Lorenzo-Cruce de Moureean-Lavacolla-San Xordo-San Marcos-San Lázaro-Bus Station (Rua Rodríguez de Vigurí, s/n).

Stops:
next to the terminal.

Timetable:
Airport-Santiago: 7:15 (except Sundays), 8:30, 9:30 (working days from Monday to Friday), 10:30, 11:00 (working days from Monday to Friday), 11:45 (working days from Monday to Friday), 12:40, 13:30, 14:50 (working days from Monday to Friday), 15:15 (working days from Monday to Friday), 16:00, 17:00 ( working days from Monday to Friday), 18:00, 18:40, 19:00, 20:45, 21:00 (except Saturdays), 22:00, 23:30 (except Saturdays).
Santiago-Airport 6:50 (except Sundays), 7:00, 7:55 (except Sundays), 9:10, 9:15 (working days from Monday to Friday), 10:10 (working days from Monday to Friday), 11:00, 11:10 (working days from Monday to Friday), 12:40, 12:45 (working days), 13:30 (working days), 14:10 (working days from Monday to Friday), 16:00, 16:40, 17:40 (working days from Monday to Friday), 18:00 (working days), 18:30, 18:40, 19:55, 20:00 (except Saturdays), 21:00 (Friday during school term from October to June), 21:35, 22:35 (except Saturdays).
These schedules are approximate. For more information, contact the information telephone number.

Information telephone:
981 588 111
981 542 416

---------------

Airport-Santiago (Doctor Teixeiro) line

Itinerary:
Airport-Lorenzo-Cruce de Moureean-Lavacolla-San Xordo-San Marcos-San Lázaro-Bus station (Plaza Camilo Díez Baliño)-Avenida de Lugo- Doctor Teixero

Stops:
next to the terminal.

Timetable:
Airport-Doctor Texeiro: 7:15am (except Sundays), 8:30am (except Sundays), 9:30am (working days from Monday to Friday), 10:30am, 11:00am (working days from Monday to Friday), 11:45am (working days from Monday to Friday), 1:30pm, 3:15pm (working days from Monday to Friday), 5:00pm (working days from Monday to Friday), 6:00pm, 7:00pm, 8:45pm, 10:00pm, 11:30pm (except Saturdays).
Doctor Texeiro-Airport: 6:40am, 7:45am (except Sundays), 9:00am, 10:00am (working days from Monday to Friday), 11:00am (working days from Monday to Friday), 12:30pm, 2:00pm (working days from Monday to Friday), 4:30pm, 5:30pm (working days from Monday to Friday), 6:30pm, 7:45pm, 9:30pm, 10:30pm (except Saturdays).
These schedules are approximate. For more information, contact the information telephone number.

Information telephone:
981 588 111
981 542 416

Then you also have these pages that might be helpful:
- http://www.santiago-today.com/images/bu ... o-lugo.jpg
- http://www.santiago-today.com/bus-sched ... ostela.cfm
and of course http://www.alsa.es

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi,
I still have those information:

From airport to Lugo:
from 7:10am to 8:10pm (except on school day during term when the service will be extended until 9:10pm).

I would like to know if Friday 26th May is a school day during term when the service will be extended until 9:10pm.

Thanks a lot,
Filippo.

Hmm... I did have a look at the calendar of the University of Santiago:
http://www.usc.es/gl/info_xeral/calendario/index.jsp

...and it looks like it is a school day. The university has classes until the first or second week of June when the summer break starts.

By the way, Thursday the 25th is a holiday (Santiago town only).

In any case, if I were you I would also have a backup plan in case this bus does not show up.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

It's possible that the service might change by then. Until recently, SCQ was a small airport, and the only bus service needed was one along the Santiago-Lugo road that stopped off at the airport. Now SCQ is expanding rapidly, and there are growing calls for the airport-Santiago bus service to be drastically improved, and the existing contract with Freire (which runs until 2012) renegociated. The local council are now actively pursuing this
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/ed_santiag ... TO=4397231
Another recent article in La Voz described the airport bus service as 'an embarrassing relic of the Franco era'.

If the airport service is revamped, it's possible that Freire's Santiago-Lugo service will either no longer call at the airport or be changed.

It is rather ridiculous that the airport is serviced by a bus whose primary intention is to take shoppers, students and schoolchildren to and from the outlying villages. :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I agree that the bus service is a shame to/from the airport right now. As you say, it has been written about lately that things might change. Not only that, but the fact that the bus companies do not have a webpage where they can post routes and timetables. As you can see in an earlier post, they take out newspaper ads in local papers to announce new timetables. This could be easily done online.

I should get in touch with them and offer my IT services :)

Re: Bus Airport Santiago

Does anyone have current information regarding the bus from the airport into Santiago?

We arrive Santiago on Tuesday night around 8 pm.
I have no idea how long it takes to clear customs.

We're also looking for inexpensive private lodging.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you are talking about Customs rather than Immigration it is simply a matter of picking up your bags, if you have them, and walking through the door that says "Nothing to Declare."

You will get through Immigration before your luggage is on the luggage belt. Santiago is know for being slooow on getting the luggage from the plane to the luggage belt.

Saludos,
Ivar

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back