• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Santiago - Porto

Jan_89

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés: July/August 2014

Camino Francés: May/June 2017
Hello to all!

After my Camino in June this year, I need to get to Porto from Santiago. I looked at www.alsa.es and there are still no departures for June (guess it's too early now). I know there are direct buses, but do you think I need to make a reservation in advance or that's ok to buy a ticket that day from the driver? Or any updates and advices? I just don't know how busy this bus route is. I found out the current info: Santiago - Porto at 12:00, every day, 33€.

Thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
That is the bus I took this spring ;-) as for buying tickets, you can always buy them online when you have arrived in Santiago or when you get close to it. Buen Camino, SY

Hello to all!

After my Camino in June this year, I need to get to Porto from Santiago. I looked at www.alsa.es and there are still no departures for June (guess it's too early now). I know there are direct buses, but do you think I need to make a reservation in advance or that's ok to buy a ticket that day from the driver? Or any updates and advices? I just don't know how busy this bus route is. I found out the current info: Santiago - Porto at 12:00, every day, 33€.

Thank you!
I intended to buy mine in the station just before taking the bus. There was a problem with the computer at the vendor station that day but it was all taken care of by the driver who asked the ticket vender at the next stop to take the money. So, even for last minute people there does not seem to be a problem, in the beginning of November at least.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3300 Santiago to Porto and Lisboa

3301 This section describes transportation options from Santiago to Porto and Lisboa

Index 3300
3302 Planes
3303 Trains
3304 Buses

3302 Planes

There are flights from A Coruna to Lisboa.

A Coruña Airport (LCG)
http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-A-Coruna/en/

3303 Trains

Renfe operates trains from Santiago to Vigo-Guixar and from Vigo-Guixar to Valenca.

CP Celta operates trains from Vigo-Guixar to Porto.

CP operates regional and national trains from Valenca to Porto and Porto to Lisboa. Station Gare do Oriente is closest to Lisboa airport.

Renfe
http://www.renfe.com/

Comboios de Portugal (CP) (urban, regional, national, and international train services)
http://www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do?vgnextoid=87cbd5abe2a74010VgnVCM1000007b01a8c0RCRD

3304 Buses

Note: there is no central bus station in Porto.

Monbus provides bus service from Santiago bus station to Vigo bus station.

Autna provides bus service from Vigo bus station to Porto.

Autna has bus stops in Porto at the following locations from South to North:

a. Campo Mártires da Patria, 37
The closest Metro is Estação Sao Bento line D

b. Avda. de los Aliados – McDonald’s
The closest Metro is Estação Sao Bento line D

c. Aeropuerto
Metro line E

Renex operates buses from Porto to Lisboa.

Renex bus stop in Porto is located at Campo Mártires da Patria, 37. The closest Metro is Estação Sao Bento line D.

In Lisboa, Renex operates buses from Gare do Oriente which is co-located with the train station and is the closest station to the airport.

Rede Expressos operates buses from Porto to Lisboa.

Rede Expresso point of sale (and bus stop) in Porto is located Garagem Atlantico Rua Alexandre Herculano, 366 4000 Porto. The closest Metro is Estação Sao Bento line D.

In Lisboa, Rede Expressos operates buses from from Sete Rios bus station.

ALSA provides bus service between Santiago, Porto (Casa Musica), and Lisboa.

Monbus
http://www.monbus.es/index2.htm

Autna
http://www.autna.com/es/

Renex
http://www.renex.pt/

Rede Expressos
http://www.rede-expressos.pt/

ALSA
https://www.alsa.es/

Links checked March 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the bus from Santiago to Porto last July. You could purchase tickets in the city at the office next door to where you pick up your Compostela. I purchased mine the day before departure. I think there were 2-3 buses each day. The one that I took left at about 10:00AM and arrived in SdC at about 2:15PM. It was about 75% full. I hope this helps.

Hi, I’ve taken the 12pm bus several times, sometimes to Porto, and a couple of times right through to Lisbon. I buy the ticket the day before, when I get to Santiago. The bus is usually quite full at any time of the year. It has always been on time and is super easy to use and convenient. Jill

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you guys for your help! :)

Hello to all!

Thank you!
We took Alsa from Santiago to Porto, made reservation the day of (November 7th,2016) I think they are the "International" bus for this. Long ride, comfortable bus.

Next to all above useful tips you can go to the Tourist Information in Santiago and they can book your trip for a small fee.
I can't remember exactly but I think if you are over 62 years old you can get a discount on the the busfare . Ask for " descuento tercera edad" as can be asked at many places like museums etc. it is very common in Spain and Portugal to do so
In Portugal it is called "desconto terçera idade"

Buen camino/bom caminho

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello to all!

Thank you!

Enter Santiago to Portugal in search

We also bought our bus tickets to Porto in the office immediately next to where you get your compostela in Santiago. Very easy and convenient. We purchased them the day before and then we knew we had seats etc!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You can book tickets for the bus max 3 months in advance.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hola, does anyone know if you can pay for a single municipal bus ride within Santiago city limits by tapping one's contactless payment card, similar to a London bus? Or do you have to purchase a...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back