• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Santiago to Melide

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, is it easy to navigate the new bus station in Santiago?
My bus arrives from Porto at 18:00.
I hope to get the 18:30 bus to Melide, but no big deal if I miss it, as there is another one at 20:00.
Would just like to know what the system is when I get off the bus from Porto.
Do I have to find a ticket office to buy the Melide ticket, or can I pay on the bus?
Thanks for any help with easy transit!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I hope to get the 18:30 bus to Melide, but no big deal if I miss it, as there is another one at 20:00.
Do I have to find a ticket office to buy the Melide ticket, or can I pay on the bus?

Monbus operates this line. If the taquila is closed you can always pay the driver directly.
Precio normal is 4.55 € so have some small change ready.

The new bus station is fine--the bays are below and all you need to do is take the stairs/escalator up and you'll see the ticket booth (and toilets if needed). There are some chairs if you get stuck and must wait for the 20:00 bus.
It is very easy to access the train station as well. Also easy to walk into town, if ever you need to.
Are you not planning on buying your Melide ticket online beforehand?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks, I didn't know I could do that for a short local journey! Will check it out.

The new bus station is fine--the bays are below and all you need to do is take the stairs/escalator up and you'll see the ticket booth (and toilets if needed). There are some chairs if you get stuck and must wait for the 20:00 bus.
Sounds just like the old bus station.

Thanks, I didn't know I could do that for a short local journey! Will check it out.

Hi, an update, have checked the Monbus website, and it is not possible to buy this ticket online.

Tickets can be bought at the ticket office, or on boarding the bus.

I hope the new bus station has a fairly decent cafeteria, so we can get some supper if we miss the 18:30 bus, and have to wait for the 20:00 bus 😃.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I know @ivar posted a video about the new transportation station a few months ago. I can't find it now, but you can see the layout. Maybe he can direct you to the video.

I know @ivar posted a video about the new transportation station a few months ago. I can't find it now, but you can see the layout.
Hi, thanks! Yes, I did watch it at the time.
I hope the new bus station has a fairly decent cafeteria
It was a rhetorical question really 🙂.
Every large bus station has a cafeteria.
In my experience the food and service is a bit hit and miss.
My worst bus station cafeteria food was a very horrible cold uncooked soggy croissant at the old Santiago bus station one morning in Feb 2020, while I was waiting for the bus to Ferrol 🤣.

Hi, an update, have checked the Monbus website, and it is not possible to buy this ticket online.

Tickets can be bought at the ticket office, or on boarding the bus.

I hope the new bus station has a fairly decent cafeteria, so we can get some supper if we miss the 18:30 bus, and have to wait for the 20:00 bus 😃.
Now that I think about it, it was through Flixbus that I bought tickets but that was a long distance destination.
Hmmm I do not recall any place to buy food in the new bus station. I wonder if the train station (next door) has something. In any case if you walk up the main drag there are shops--I think on google maps you could tell if some place is suitable.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back