• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus schedule: Muxia to Santiago

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Did you stay at Belle Muxia? Love that place. We rented the "penthouse" at the end of our 2016 Camino when Phil had gotten so sick with food poisonings. Unfortunately he could not even look at the signs with the fresh seafood offerings or even walk through the open air market where the fish and shellfish were being sold without nausea. I think I made him chicken noodle soup in the days we stayed there... Edited to say: He did not get sick in Muxia. He got sick in Melide an we took a bus to Muxia after we arrived in Santiago so he could recover by the sea.
DSCN0406.JPG20160711_200554.jpg

Last edited:
Great thanks for sharing and will add no buses on 12 October due to National Spain public holiday.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just walked past this sign.

View attachment 134325

Had a fabulous lunch at Lonxa d’ Alvaro, just a block or so from the bus stop. I have never had a sopa de marisco that had a lobster claw in it! It was fabulous. And the zamburiñas out of this world.
Like to check out that restaurant. Last year I ate further down the street, on the corner, at a restaurant that was pretty big with glass around the outdoor seating (it was December). They had really good food also.
I was told by my albergue that this bus schedule was wrong. They gave me another schedule as I was thinking of taking a bus to Finistere. I ended up walking. Maybe it was wrong because it was winter or maybe it has been updated.

I’d just like to add that when I took the 15:15 bus the other day (Wednesday) from Muxia to Santiago not everyone made it on the bus.Ticket holders get on first, and then they let the non-ticket holders on. You can buy tickets online from Monbus. I do believe that this shows the current schedule.

We took the bus last week from Muxia to Santiago. Our tickets said 6:15 am, sign says 6:30. Bus was there at 6:15, think it left before 6:30. We bought our tickets a few days prior to departure.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just walked past this sign.

View attachment 134325

Had a fabulous lunch at Lonxa d’ Alvaro, just a block or so from the bus stop. I have never had a sopa de marisco that had a lobster claw in it! It was fabulous. And the zamburiñas out of this world.
Hi Laurie
When I took this bus earlier this year it left at 6.15 instead of 6.30. Fortunately I had read a sign in the A Marina restaurant up the road which noted the different time. The bus was very full, so next time I would book on-line. I went to the Casa da Peixe to try out the conger eels, so must try Lonxa d'Alvaro next time!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We took an early morning bus from Muxia to A Coruña. There were many stops and I think two transfers (done on the street). This could be quite the adventure for someone with no Spanish.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back