• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus schedules app/website

islandwalker

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés and routes in Andalucia
I stumbled across a website this morning that shows the bus schedules for all the companies in Spain. It looks like it might be useful to others. It shows which companies serve even the tiniest of villages and includes routes that are not shown on Rome2Rio. Very handy if you are wanting to start/end your journey in a rural area.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it out, though, and it seems to only show the major inter-city routes that would be served by Alsa, or the major bus companies. I tried to find buses for the day after tomorrow for 3 smaller places on the Frances that I've taken buses to / from: Fromista, La Virgen del Camino, Navarette. Only La Virgen comes up as a city served by buses, and in that case, it just shows the ALSA bus that passes through from Leon, not the local bus that runs from the middle of Leon. Rome2rio (or a general google search) may still be the best bet for sussing out the names of the local bus lines, and then going directly to the web site of the bus company for the schedule.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it out, though, and it seems to only show the major inter-city routes that would be served by Alsa, or the major bus companies. I tried to find buses for the day after tomorrow for 3 smaller places on the Frances that I've taken buses to / from: Fromista, La Virgen del Camino, Navarette. Only La Virgen comes up as a city served by buses, and in that case, it just shows the ALSA bus that passes through from Leon, not the local bus that runs from the middle of Leon. Rome2rio (or a general google search) may still be the best bet for sussing out the names of the local bus lines, and then going directly to the web site of the bus company for the schedule.
Thanks for checking that out, Andy! I bet you are right that Rome2 Rio/Google is better for local bus lines radiating out from a major urban area. The area I used it for was in Andalucia, and it picked up routes to/from villages with populations of less than 1000 that are not near any major urban areas (so no local lines).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for checking that out, Andy! I bet you are right that Rome2 Rio/Google is better for local bus lines radiating out from a major urban area. The area I used it for was in Andalucia, and it picked up routes to/from villages with populations of less than 1000 that are not near any major urban areas (so no local lines).
All resources are good!

Even Rome2rio can be of limited help sometimes. I tried it out for the 3 Camino towns I mentioned above (La Virgen del Camino, Fromista, and Navarette), and although Rome2rio gave me some options, it didn't give me the names or itineraries of the local bus lines I actually used. For example, it showed me an itinerary from Fromista to Palencia via Burgos that took 4 hours, but it didn't pick up the local bus line -- Linecar -- I actually used, which involved a 25 minute ride. Ditto with Logrono to Navarette, and Leon to La Virgen del Camino. In fact, even a google search didn't always bring up the local or metropolitan bus lines.

One trick which worked for me when I really needed to know in advance whether there was public transportation from one place to the other: go to the web site of the municipality involved, and it will typically list the local and metropolitan bus lines. If it doesn't, send them an email. I've always had good luck contacting the local officials directly (for other questions, too).

I also checked it out for small towns on the VDLP and it came up empty too.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.