• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus service along Camino Costa near Baiona and Vigo

What bus companies serve northwest Spain near Baiona and Vigo

• Walking Portugal coast route

• First time walking to Santiago in Portugal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Barbara Wetzel

Time of past OR future Camino
Via Podensis, Le Puy, France to Roncevalles, Spain
future: Camino da Costa, Portugal
I cannot find the bus companies that serve Baiona and Vigo . Want schedules in case we want to use bus to skirt heavy traffic around large cities.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello,

I walked through Baiona and Vigo in September 2014 and even if you are walking through big cities you don´t have to walk in heavy traffic.
The camino is well marked so no problem with losing the trail.
There is a large bus station in Vigo and lots of buses around if you would like to.
Check the bus stops and ask the locals.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello,

I walked through Baiona and Vigo in September 2014 and even if you are walking through big cities you don´t have to walk in heavy traffic.
There is a large bus station in Vigo and lots of buses around if you would like to.

Thank you for your encouragement that we will not need a bus; I do not like walking on busy highways sharing the road with cars, buses and trucks. Want to know bus company so I can check for schedules on line before we leave for Portugal. cannot find any schedules thus far. Barbara

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you for your reply and address of bus station in Vigo. Can you tell me how dangerous the road is from Redondela to Arcade? I am seeing lots of warning marks in Brierley's guide. barbara

The camino from Vigo to Redondela is easy to follow and is a really nice walk through woodland once you get out of Vigo. You have to be careful crossing the road into Redondela. Then from Redondela to Arcade although there are some ups and downs and some road crossings/road walking large sections are on quiet roads or forest paths. As long as you concentrate and keep your eyes open you'll be fine

The camino from Vigo to Redondela is easy to follow and is a really nice walk through woodland once you get out of Vigo. You have to be careful crossing the road into Redondela. Then from Redondela to Arcade although there are some ups and downs and some road crossings/road walking large sections are on quiet roads or forest paths. As long as you concentrate and keep your eyes open you'll be fine

Thank you . Your help is greatly appreciated.I worry about sharing the highway with heavy auto traffic. Plan to wear neon shirt when walking this section!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello,

Is the way between Vigo and Redondela marked and walkable

Yes, very much so. Well marked. Small pedestrian roads. No trafic. Up on the hills along the ocean. Closer to Redondela on tarmac. I stayed at the Tryp hotel that is close to the camino signs.
I enjoyed the whole etapa beteeen Vigo and Redondela.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back