• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus service to Muxia

Carmen Yates

Time of past OR future Camino
The Francis Way - April/May 2018
In Santiago today I met a pilgrim who missed out on seeing Muxia as he did not know there was a bus service to Muxia from Finisterre. Vive Finisterre tours will take you to Muxia at 9.30am from the bus station in Finisterre for 12 euro and pick you up from Muxia at 1.30 pm to bring you back to Finisterre. The bus also takes you out to the lighthouse and monestry for 20 minutes and drops you back at Muxia town centre. Remember, regardless if you are travelling to Muxia, Porto, Santiago or any towns on the coastal route there is more than one bus line to check. Monbus provides a good service to Santiago also but can take longer. Tickets can be bought at the travel office up to 8pm each night or check your Albergue as many are ticket agents for tour and bus lines so you can prepurchase your tickets. But you can buy tickets on monbus also.
Hope this is helpful. Carmen

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What about a bus from Santiago to Muxia? I’ve been to Finisterre, but this year I’m wondering about a trip to Muxia. What is there? Is it worth it? I guess it mainly depends on transportation and the time frame. What do you think?
Thanks...
Lynne

We took a bus from Santiago to Muxia, two days in Muxia and then on to Finisterre, bussed back to Santiago from Finisterre. I thought the buses were excellent, everyone you ask seems to know where and when, because both towns are quite small. Loved both villages!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What about a bus from Santiago to Muxia? I’ve been to Finisterre, but this year I’m wondering about a trip to Muxia. What is there? Is it worth it? I guess it mainly depends on transportation and the time frame. What do you think?
Thanks...
Lynne
I thought that the waves crashing on these rocks in Muxia were pretty spectacular.
Muxia.jpg

Muxia is absolutely worth it! I am so glad I didn’t miss experiencing what was for me a powerful, beautiful and meaningful end to my Camino. The beautiful picture above is only a small snapshot of what you will see there. There is more. Go at sunset on a clear day! 5D6B41E3-ED3C-4A5A-B2B1-F17E2709F2F2.jpegAED1F582-9BB4-4392-BA4E-7AAFC3030D7C.jpegAED1F582-9BB4-4392-BA4E-7AAFC3030D7C.jpeg359ED70C-32E9-46DC-8B16-54ED55B8DF18.jpeg359ED70C-32E9-46DC-8B16-54ED55B8DF18.jpeg

The Spanish regard Muxia as the end , not Finisterre.
One has a very deep religious significance , the other The Lighthouse.

We adored both but Muxia has the better feeling on return Camino's.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The Spanish regard Muxia as the end , not Finisterre.
If you ignore those who think that the tomb of Santiago as the end, I agree that tourists may have made Fisterra the coastal end, not the Spanish. I think that adequate bus service to Muxia has made it increasingly popular, along with the somewhat strained scene in "The Way." It still is not well-served with walking paths and infrastructure.

In Santiago today I met a pilgrim who missed out on seeing Muxia as he did not know there was a bus service to Muxia from Finisterre. Vive Finisterre tours will take you to Muxia at 9.30am from the bus station in Finisterre for 12 euro and pick you up from Muxia at 1.30 pm to bring you back to Finisterre. The bus also takes you out to the lighthouse and monestry for 20 minutes and drops you back at Muxia town centre. Remember, regardless if you are travelling to Muxia, Porto, Santiago or any towns on the coastal route there is more than one bus line to check. Monbus provides a good service to Santiago also but can take longer. Tickets can be bought at the travel office up to 8pm each night or check your Albergue as many are ticket agents for tour and bus lines so you can prepurchase your tickets. But you can buy tickets on monbus also.
Hope this is helpful. Carmen
Can you share any more information regarding Vive Finisterre? It is the least googleable name for a company imaginable.

Thanks all for comments. I have walked Santiago to Muxia then on to Finisterre before but this year will have my 71 year old sister with me and think she may struggle after 10 days walking. I wanted to travel on the weekend out of Santiago to Muxia and then on to Finisterre but it seems that the bus service doesn't operate on the weekend? Can I ask one of you to provide me with an English Website for one of the bus companies please. I'm thinking Mass Friday in Santiago, bus to Muxia stay 2 days, bus to Finisterre staying 1 night then back in to Santiago. Also, what is the best bus pick up point in Santiago for the bus to Muxia?

Many thanks all.

Lindy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you so much Domigee. I still don't seem to be able to find a weekend service between Finisterre and Muxia maybe I will consider a Taxi!

Thank you so much Domigee. I still don't seem to be able to find a weekend service between Finisterre and Muxia maybe I will consider a Taxi!

Take 2 days to walk , each 12km and stop at Lires , or
Ask a Pension in Finisterre for advice .....they live there.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have walked it before but my sister who is with me would not be able to do it as well as the previous 10 days walking. Thanks for your help though.

Lindy

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back