• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Share - Bayonne to SJPP on Sunday, May 6

MichelleElynHogan

Veteran Member
There are no buses or trains that I have been able to book from Bayonne to SJPP on Sunday, May 6.

The Train, leaving Paris Montparnasse at 9:52 AM arrives in Bayonne at 1:47 PM and Express Bouricot the Baggage Transfer Company, will have a small bus at the Bayonne Train Station at 2 PM. We will arrive in SJPP at 3PM. Total cost for the bus is 84€. If we can find 3 more Pilgrims to share the ride, we can include a good tip and each pay 25€. If we can find one more, it will be 20€.

We can take up to 8 people so the saving is substantial if we can fill the bus. It has already been booked.

The only other option is to taxi / walk to the Biarritz Airport and wait for a flight to come in, wait for Pilgrims to come out and snag them to share a taxi, which I hear now costs 120€, before tip. Max per taxi is 4 so individual cost is 30€ +.

This option allows anyone who wishes to put funds that were going to pay for overnight accomodation in Bayonne into final leg transportation to SJPP. For first time pelerins, I am happy to accompany you to the Pilgrims' Office upon arrival.

PM me for contact information to make your reservation.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Michelle, no doubt Express Bouricott will have the seats filled, so that will help relieve you from needing to pay a high fare.

Hi Dave,

No, this is a special bus that I have ordered personally, ergo the reason for this post. If we do have 8 passengers, add a nice tip to top it off at 100€, that is only 12.50€ each, not bad.

I am just so glad I got a train ticket today. The trains from Paris on May 5, 6 and 7 must be getting close to selling out. I know the red eye (last train costing 52€, is sold out, as I tried booking it), is fully booked. From the notice that went out via SJPP Pilgrim Office yesterday, May 3, 4 and 8,9 will be train strike days.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Now I get it... I still think you'll get a bus full, though. Heck, before the bus leaves, you could even hold a sign for other pilgrims to see. And periodically re-post this here as well.

Hello
I am French
Attention strike actions in France Traffic of trains very disrupted from Tuesday, April 3rd to the end of June

Verify the trains of April 3rd on https://en.oui.sncf/en/ the App SNCF and our other information channels, then every day at 5 pm for the trains of the next day
You can travel by bus https://www.busradar.com/?currency=EUR

Or use the ride sharing. https://www.blablacar.co.uk

It's better to avoid transport by train during the strikes

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello
I am French
Attention strike actions in France Traffic of trains very disrupted from Tuesday, April 3rd to the end of June

Verify the trains of April 3rd on https://en.oui.sncf/en/ the App SNCF and our other information channels, then every day at 5 pm for the trains of the next day
You can travel by bus https://www.busradar.com/?currency=EUR

Or use the ride sharing. https://www.blablacar.co.uk

It's better to avoid transport by train during the strikes
Hello denimich,

Thank you for reporting.

Yesterday the Pilgrims' Office Manager posted this;

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/strike-of-trains-in-france.54100/#post-604027

It provides the dates of operation and dates on strike.

Hope this helps.

You should not believe everything you see posted on this site. Any strike is subject to change and can be very capricious. The sky is not falling on those particular days.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I would be open for this ride but I arrive in Bayonne on the 5th at noon. I too will most likely look to share if everything stays as it is. Last resort is to pay the 80 euros
Hi california smith,

You have a seat with me. That is two of us so the fare is now half. A 24 hour stay in Bayonne will help with the jet lag too.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I would be open for this ride but I arrive in Bayonne on the 5th at noon. I too will most likely look to share if everything stays as it is. Last resort is to pay the 80 euros
Further news this morning @california smith and @davebugg, Express Bouricot will be looking to fill the bus as well so our cost will indeed be dropping. We have 4 weeks so confidence is high that the cost will be much closer to the least than the most.

Hi Michelle, why are you so sure that you cant get the normal train or replacement bus? I did read that the reason you cannmot book the Bayonne/STJPDP train at the moment is because of some subsidence along the line, so there are track works. This is why they have closed bookings but they did state that there will be replacement buses. Yes it is a strike day, but this does not mean every train will be cancelled.

Hi Michelle, why are you so sure that you cant get the normal train or replacement bus? I did read that the reason you cannmot book the Bayonne/STJPDP train at the moment is because of some subsidence along the line, so there are track works. This is why they have closed bookings but they did state that there will be replacement buses. Yes it is a strike day, but this does not mean every train will be cancelled.
I have been trying to book a bus or train on May 6 for several weeks with no other option. But this will work. Express Burricot has me booked for pick up at 2 PM May 6 at the train station. It is an 8 seater. They will seek to fill the seats and I am helping with this post.

All who wish a ride, contact SJPP office of Express Burricot and reserve a seat. A full bus means 12.50 euros each. I can PM email address.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The last time that I went with Caroline at Express Bourricot, the bus held 9.
Caroline will fill the bus with as many people that contact her for that day and time.
She will divide the total cost by the number of people travelling. She does this automatically.
You will not pay the full cost quoted yourself.

The last time that I went with Caroline at Express Bourricot, the bus held 9.
Caroline will fill the bus with as many people that contact her for that day and time.
She will divide the total cost by the number of people travelling. She does this automatically.
You will not pay the full cost quoted yourself.
I was advised that there are 8 seats. If there are 9 seats, just a better deal.But I am not alone in booking the rest of the seats. My contact has been Maialen.

Hey there Michelle I am arriving in Bayonne on the 5th and unless some major delays happen I am looking to sleep in SJPP that night since I am arriving in France on the 3rd.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey there Michelle I am arriving in Bayonne on the 5th and unless some major delays happen I am looking to sleep in SJPP that night since I am arriving in France on the 3rd.
You may find a bus to SJPP on the 5th. I am not into Bayonne till the next day (Sunday), and I know I was not able to find transport to SJPP outside of this Bus Share we are working on here.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Michelle, good luck with the trip. I will be following a few days later. Here's hoping the train strike doesn't interfere with our plans.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back