• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus times from Jaca to San Juan de la Pena and return

jennysa

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2011,2012 2013,2014, 2015 Aragones 2012, 2017 2018 Via Francigena 2016,2017 Primitivo 2018,2019
I cant find the bus times anywhere. Does anyone have any information?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Some years ago a bus was introduced as a novelty on peak season. No idea what's the current situation (i.e.: if there's still bus service) but I think you could easily get info about your options to reach S. Juan de la Peña once on the ground.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
But Jenny, didn't you travel with us (Fraluchi and me) on this bus one year?
As far as I remember it left Jaca, either at 9 or 9.30 am.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I took the bus this spring. It was early April and I got information from the tourist office in Jaca. I believe I took it on its 1st day for the season. The tourist office called the Monastery to confirm it was running. It left from the main bus station around 9 and stopped at the lower monestery and then at the upper.

I stayed at the albergue in Santa Cilia and remember that there were a number of business cards for taxi services to the monastery. I imagine this would be an alternative to going there and having leave on foot. I was planning on going there the day I walked from Jaca to Santa Cilia but it was a blazing hot day and I was surprised to find the distance up the hill to the monastery greater than the distance in the guide I was using. I'll be back next year.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed at the albergue in Santa Cilia and remember that there were a number of business cards for taxi services to the monastery. I imagine this would be an alternative to going there and having leave on foot. I was planning on going there the day I walked from Jaca to Santa Cilia but it was a blazing hot day and I was surprised to find the distance up the hill to the monastery greater than the distance in the guide I was using. I'll be back next year.

Last September after crossing the pass, we were in Jaca, a magnificent town. Feeling a bit sick, we decided to take the bus to Santa Cruz de la Seros. This is the bus that goes once each morning all the way to Pamplona, stopping at numerous towns along the way. I can't remember the name of the bus company, but the bus departs every morning. While we were waiting for our bus, we noticed a van (shuttle bus) loading up a passengers headed for the monasteries of San Juan de la Pena. It left within 15 min or so of our bus and went directly to the monasteries. We spent the night in Santa Cruz and hiked up to the monasteries the next morning. We were passed by the same shuttle bus as we climbed. Since it ran two consecutive days, I assume it runs every day in the summer. Both the main bus and the shuttle depart from the main bus station. I am sure the tourist information office in Jaca could give you exact information for both bus options.

The main bus lets you off for San Juan on the main highway. It is still about an hour's walk to San Juan.

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back