• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Bus Timetable from Fisterra to Santiago

Hello,

I just finished the walk from Santiago to Fisterra via Muxia. If you want to see details of this, check out my 'Live from the Camino' posting. In the interests of helping people plan their return to Santiago, here are the bus times. The company is monbus (http://www.monbus.es). There are a number of buses that leave every day. The stop is just outside of the Albergue. On Mondays to Fridays, the bus leaves at: 8:20, 9:30, 11:45, 14:45, 16:45 and 19:45. On Saturdays, the buses leave at: 11:45, 13:45, 16:45 and 19:00. On Sundays and festival days, the buses leave at : 11:45, 16:45 and 19:45. The bus takes you to the Santiago bus station.

Buen Camino!

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

Portia1

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, (Frances 2019)
Does anyone know what the schedule would be for 12 October--a national holiday? I am assuming it would be limited festivale service--but it is the day I would like to go out to Finisterre and back.

Heliman1965

May 19th 2012
May 2015
June 6th 2017 Burgos to Leon
July 25th 2017 Sarria to Santiago
June 2018 SJPDP to Santiago
Do you have to book your seat or can you just turn up at the bus stop??? We have booked to stay in a Hotel for 5 day when I arrive in Finisterre in June and then Santiago for 4 day before flying home to the UK so looking forward to it all...

God Bless you.
Bryan

W

whariwharangi

Do you have to book your seat or can you just turn up at the bus stop??? We have booked to stay in a Hotel for 5 day when I arrive in Finisterre in June and then Santiago for 4 day before flying home to the UK so looking forward to it all...

God Bless you.
Bryan

I just turned up at the Fisterra (not Finisterre) bus stop. I was there December 2012 so no competition for seating. I'm not sure its even possible to buy in advance.

Maybe you'll have more success than I in trying to figure out if you can book it:
http://www.monbus.es/index2.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

AlexandraM

I am starting Camino on 6/15 2014 - for the first time
Does anyone know what the schedule would be for 12 October--a national holiday? I am assuming it would be limited festivale service--but it is the day I would like to go out to Finisterre and back.
Thanks for posting the time table - so helpful! Do I need to reserve the bus tickets? We are planning to take morning bus to SDC and then train to Madrid. Thank you.

Bajaracer

Camino Frances 2013 Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Camino Frances (2013) Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Thanks for posting the time table - so helpful! Do I need to reserve the bus tickets? We are planning to take morning bus to SDC and then train to Madrid. Thank you.

You can buy a ticket in advance at the tourist office, it was €13 last year.
It's still first come first serve at the
Bus station whether you have a ticket or cash.

Mat Smith

Camino Del Norte 2017
Hello,

I just finished the walk from Santiago to Fisterra via Muxia. If you want to see details of this, check out my 'Live from the Camino' posting. In the interests of helping people plan their return to Santiago, here are the bus times. The company is monbus (http://www.monbus.es). There are a number of buses that leave every day. The stop is just outside of the Albergue. On Mondays to Fridays, the bus leaves at: 8:20, 9:30, 11:45, 14:45, 16:45 and 19:45. On Saturdays, the buses leave at: 11:45, 13:45, 16:45 and 19:00. On Sundays and festival days, the buses leave at : 11:45, 16:45 and 19:45. The bus takes you to the Santiago bus station.

Buen Camino!

Hi There! I'm planning to do the Camino in August, I will hopefully be arriving in Fisterra on the 19th August 2017 staying for a night. I'm trying to arrange a flight from Santiago to Malaga for the 20th august, I have read that buses don't run on the weekend, although I'm unclear on this as the thread was old. 2009.... could anyone assist me. the planned flight from Santiago is 22.30 so there is plenty of time to take the bus. any advice would be great

Buen Camino

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
Hi There! I'm planning to do the Camino in August, I will hopefully be arriving in Fisterra on the 19th August 2017 staying for a night. I'm trying to arrange a flight from Santiago to Malaga for the 20th august, I have read that buses don't run on the weekend, although I'm unclear on this as the thread was old. 2009.... could anyone assist me. the planned flight from Santiago is 22.30 so there is plenty of time to take the bus. any advice would be great
Monbus have not published their schedules for August 2017. If the current practice of providing three services on Sunday continues, the latest service that would get you to Santiago to make a 2230 flight would be the 1145 service, scheduled to arrive in Santiago at 1500.

Mat Smith

Camino Del Norte 2017
Monbus have not published their schedules for August 2017. If the current practice of providing three services on Sunday continues, the latest service that would get you to Santiago to make a 2230 flight would be the 1145 service, scheduled to arrive in Santiago at 1500.

That's perfect! Hopefully it continues. I have since found the monobus timetable etc online. I'm fairly sure I can't buy the ticket online. And will have to make sure I'm there ready to pay on the day. Thank you for the help!

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
That's perfect! Hopefully it continues. I have since found the monobus timetable etc online. I'm fairly sure I can't buy the ticket online. And will have to make sure I'm there ready to pay on the day. Thank you for the help!
When I used this bus in 2014, there was no option to pre-purchase a ticket. I paid the driver on embarking.