• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Timetable from Fisterra to Santiago

Hello,

I just finished the walk from Santiago to Fisterra via Muxia. If you want to see details of this, check out my 'Live from the Camino' posting. In the interests of helping people plan their return to Santiago, here are the bus times. The company is monbus (http://www.monbus.es). There are a number of buses that leave every day. The stop is just outside of the Albergue. On Mondays to Fridays, the bus leaves at: 8:20, 9:30, 11:45, 14:45, 16:45 and 19:45. On Saturdays, the buses leave at: 11:45, 13:45, 16:45 and 19:00. On Sundays and festival days, the buses leave at : 11:45, 16:45 and 19:45. The bus takes you to the Santiago bus station.

Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Does anyone know what the schedule would be for 12 October--a national holiday? I am assuming it would be limited festivale service--but it is the day I would like to go out to Finisterre and back.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Do you have to book your seat or can you just turn up at the bus stop??? We have booked to stay in a Hotel for 5 day when I arrive in Finisterre in June and then Santiago for 4 day before flying home to the UK so looking forward to it all...

God Bless you.
Bryan

Do you have to book your seat or can you just turn up at the bus stop??? We have booked to stay in a Hotel for 5 day when I arrive in Finisterre in June and then Santiago for 4 day before flying home to the UK so looking forward to it all...

God Bless you.
Bryan

I just turned up at the Fisterra (not Finisterre) bus stop. I was there December 2012 so no competition for seating. I'm not sure its even possible to buy in advance.

Maybe you'll have more success than I in trying to figure out if you can book it:
http://www.monbus.es/index2.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what the schedule would be for 12 October--a national holiday? I am assuming it would be limited festivale service--but it is the day I would like to go out to Finisterre and back.
Thanks for posting the time table - so helpful! Do I need to reserve the bus tickets? We are planning to take morning bus to SDC and then train to Madrid. Thank you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for posting the time table - so helpful! Do I need to reserve the bus tickets? We are planning to take morning bus to SDC and then train to Madrid. Thank you.

You can buy a ticket in advance at the tourist office, it was €13 last year.
It's still first come first serve at the
Bus station whether you have a ticket or cash.

Hello,

I just finished the walk from Santiago to Fisterra via Muxia. If you want to see details of this, check out my 'Live from the Camino' posting. In the interests of helping people plan their return to Santiago, here are the bus times. The company is monbus (http://www.monbus.es). There are a number of buses that leave every day. The stop is just outside of the Albergue. On Mondays to Fridays, the bus leaves at: 8:20, 9:30, 11:45, 14:45, 16:45 and 19:45. On Saturdays, the buses leave at: 11:45, 13:45, 16:45 and 19:00. On Sundays and festival days, the buses leave at : 11:45, 16:45 and 19:45. The bus takes you to the Santiago bus station.

Buen Camino!

Hi There! I'm planning to do the Camino in August, I will hopefully be arriving in Fisterra on the 19th August 2017 staying for a night. I'm trying to arrange a flight from Santiago to Malaga for the 20th august, I have read that buses don't run on the weekend, although I'm unclear on this as the thread was old. 2009.... could anyone assist me. the planned flight from Santiago is 22.30 so there is plenty of time to take the bus. any advice would be great

Buen Camino

Hi There! I'm planning to do the Camino in August, I will hopefully be arriving in Fisterra on the 19th August 2017 staying for a night. I'm trying to arrange a flight from Santiago to Malaga for the 20th august, I have read that buses don't run on the weekend, although I'm unclear on this as the thread was old. 2009.... could anyone assist me. the planned flight from Santiago is 22.30 so there is plenty of time to take the bus. any advice would be great
Monbus have not published their schedules for August 2017. If the current practice of providing three services on Sunday continues, the latest service that would get you to Santiago to make a 2230 flight would be the 1145 service, scheduled to arrive in Santiago at 1500.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Monbus have not published their schedules for August 2017. If the current practice of providing three services on Sunday continues, the latest service that would get you to Santiago to make a 2230 flight would be the 1145 service, scheduled to arrive in Santiago at 1500.

That's perfect! Hopefully it continues. I have since found the monobus timetable etc online. I'm fairly sure I can't buy the ticket online. And will have to make sure I'm there ready to pay on the day. Thank you for the help!

That's perfect! Hopefully it continues. I have since found the monobus timetable etc online. I'm fairly sure I can't buy the ticket online. And will have to make sure I'm there ready to pay on the day. Thank you for the help!
When I used this bus in 2014, there was no option to pre-purchase a ticket. I paid the driver on embarking.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back