• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Bus to Avoid locked-down Leon

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
This just in from FICS:

FREE DAILY BUS:
DEPARTURE: Mansilla de las Mulas bus station
TIME: 09:00
Exclusively for pilgrims with credentials

Starting today (Friday 8 Oct.), General Tourism Directorate of the Junta de Castilla y León will provide a daily bus service for pilgrims on the Camino Frances to bypass the locked-down city of Leon.
The bus will leave the Mansilla de las Mulas bus station at 9 each morning and travel directly to Virgen del Camino. Pilgrims can continue the pilgrimage from there, and avoid the mobility restrictions imposed on León, Trobajo del Camino, and San Andrés del Rabanedo.
The Fraternity (FICS) has criticized the Junta de Castilla y León in the past for shirking its obligations for the Camino, but today we congratulate the General Directorate of Tourism and the Technical Office of the Association of Camino Municipalities, for offering this practical care to pilgrims in this difficult time.

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés, Oct 2020
This just in from FICS:

FREE DAILY BUS:

Starting today (Friday 8 Oct.), General Tourism Directorate of the Junta de Castilla y León will provide a daily bus service for pilgrims on the Camino Frances to bypass the locked-down city of Leon.
The bus will leave the Mansilla de las Mulas bus station at 9 each morning and travel directly to Virgen del Camino. Pilgrims can continue the pilgrimage from there, and avoid the mobility restrictions imposed on León, Trobajo del Camino, and San Andrés del Rabanedo.
The Fraternity (FICS) has criticized the Junta de Castilla y León in the past for shirking its obligations for the Camino, but today we congratulate the General Directorate of Tourism and the Technical Office of the Association of Camino Municipalities, for offering this practical care to pilgrims in this difficult time.
Thank you so much for this information. I came online specially to look for help. I will work out how many km I'll miss and maybe add that on the end, perhaps I'll get to Muxio.

Puiu

This just in from FICS:

FREE DAILY BUS:

"

COMUNICADO FICS
A partir de hoy la Dirección General de Turismo de la Junta de Castilla y León pone a disposición de los peregrinos del Camino Francés un servicio de autobús. Saldrá desde Mansilla de las Mulas a las nueve de la mañana y de manera directa, los trasladará hasta la Virgen del Camino, donde podrán proseguir su peregrinación y evitar el paso de los peregrinos por León y Trobajo del Camino.
Este dispositivo se ha puesto en marcha debido a las restricciones de movilidad impuestas a poblaciones de los municipios de León y San Andrés del Rabanedo.
La Fraternidad ha sido exigente hacia la Junta de Castilla y León en sus obligaciones para el Camino, pero en este caso tenemos que felicitar a la Dirección General de Turismo de la Junta de Castilla y León por la sensibilidad mostrada hacia los peregrinos en estos momentos tan difíciles, con el asesoramiento de la oficina técnica de la Asociación de Municipios.
AUTOBÚS DIARIO:
SALIDA: Estación de autobuses de Mansilla de las Mulas
HORA: 09,00
(Exclusivamente para peregrinos con credencial.)
Starting today, General Tourism Directorate of the Junta de Castilla y León will provide a daily bus service for pilgrims on the Camino Frances to bypass the locked-down city of Leon.
DAILY BUS:
Exclusively for pilgrims with credentials"
Buen Camino!

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
Actually, I know that some people are walking — there are GPS TRACKS to a route from Mansilla de las Mulas to Villar de Mazarife.

Well, I said that I would walk around Léon, but thing is I did exactly that on my 1994 from Paris when it emerged that there was no Pilgrim Albergue there that summer.

So it's not any manner of theoretical on my part, but exactly what I would do ; and what I did in fact do.

And you're right -- Mansilla de las Mulas > Vega de Infanzones (lovely pueblo !!) > Cembranos (super ditto) > cross the semi-motorway being super-careful (bearing in mind that this semi-motorway is also the end section of the most historic & traditional Camino route between Madrid and Léon) > (I can't remember) > Villar de Mazarife.

Very well spotted peregrina !!!

Last edited:

MickMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Re: Leon
Seems some places are closing and some are staying open.
Joe got notice that one of his group reservations had been cancelled due to covid.
I was able to get online and make NEW reservations quite easily.
So I guess it's a toss-up

I'll be so GLAD when this Covid crap is over.
On the other hand, I sure hope I can walk this Spring before it gets crazy busy again.
It'll be like the "good old Camino days!"

filly

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, via de la Plata, Sanabres, camino de Levante, Norte, Primitivo, Ingles, Santiago to Muxia and Fisterra, part chemin in France, der Oekumenische Pilgerweg/via Regia, via Tolosana, Aragones, 2017 April/May Lisbon to SdC
This just in from FICS:

FREE DAILY BUS:

THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION which I will aim to pass on... I am sure it is highlighted at Albergues nearer León but it shows the use of this Forum. Gracias to one and all.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts