• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to Conques?

BobM

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
V Frances; V Podensis; V Francigena; V Portugues; V Francigena del Sud; Jakobsweg. Jaffa - Jerusalem
Last year I walked from Le Puy to Conques, and I will be returning to Conques in July to complete the chemin to SJPDP.

Does anyone know if it is easy to get to Conques from Paris or Bordeaux by bus?

The other alternative is to take a train to Figeac, then a taxi transfer to Conques by one of the baggage transfer services. However, that loses a day, which I would prefer to avoid if I can find a bus direct to Conques.

Thx

Bob M

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sorry, everyone - I have just answered my own question (with help from Mr Google :D )

There is a train station/airport at Rodez. Then it is a short (40 km) bus ride to Conques.

Regards

Bob M

Hi, Bob,
When I did this years ago, we took a taxi from Figeac. There were four of us and the taxi was (in 2004) 100 euros. I think that's probably going to be quicker than the alternatives. At the time I did it, the only way to get to Conques by public transportation was to take a bus from Rodez. I know there are lots of trains (usually via Toulouse, I think) that go to Rodez. But then you've got to meet up with the bus from Rodez to Conques, which used to be only once a day at the end of the school day to transport the kids back to Conques. Good luck with this, I think you will love the walk from Conques to St. Jean. Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
HI you could look at getting a ride with La Malle Postale, luggage and transport for people based in Le Puy, they stop off in lots of places on the trail, my cousins went with them when they cought up with us in Estaing last year. It was around 40 Euros each I think and they loved the guy who took them, really great experience which connects you back up with the spirit of the whole thing. Google them, they have a website. Cheers, Gitti

Thanks for the helpful posts, everyone. The train to Rodez and either taxi/bus to Conques seems the attractive option for me.

Last year I finished walking in Conques and took a mini-bus transfer to Figeac with Factage to catch my train. (Factage runs a similar operation to La Malle Postale. They seem to be the most popular baggage transfer operators).

The only thing that puts me off the Figeac option is the psychological aspect of going backwards over terrain already covered (albeit en voiture).

Regards

Bob M

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.