• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bus to Ferrol

oldrockstar

Hello Ivar,
I will be arriving Santiago airport at 09.30.(Oct4th) and intend to walk the Camino Ingles.
Can you give me some info regarding buses to Ferrol from the airport?
It seems to be quite difficult to find this info on line.
Kind regards.............................Yrret.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi there Yrret,

Yes I know, the bus companies are not online yet (but it seems like they are coming along slowly). Due to this I made this compilation of bus schedules last year (so it might be a bit dated). Click here to see this page

So this is the Santiago - Ferrol schedule from last year

For a more up-to-date schedule, see the MonBus/Castromil website here:
http://www.castromil.com/horarios/origen.php

... I think you will have to travel into town and take a bus from the Santiago bus station up to Ferrol, but after studying the schedule you will find that out.

By the way, I hope you read Bill Murphy's post regarding the Camino Ingles from last week. An excellent post full of useful and up-to-date information. Read it here::
viewtopic.php?t=1025

Buen Camino!
Ivar

bus to Ferrol.

Hello Ivar,
Many thanks for this information.It's exactly what I needed.
I have read Bill Murphy's entry and it's a wonderful account of his Walk.
Kind regards from sunny Ireland.
Terry. :D

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Greetings Ivar and All

I am reviving this old topic because none of the links to time tables seem to work.

We are planning to return from the Santiago de Compostela in October via the FEVE railway along the north coast of Spain. However, we need to get from Santiago to Ferrol by bus or train. Can anyone point me to a website with time tables and fares.

Thanks

Kevin

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Somewhat different times from a current search for the schedule:

SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - FERROL

SALIDA LLEGADA
DIAS HASTA EL EMPRESA LINEA
09:15 10:15 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)
LMXJVS 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

11:00 12:20 Santiago-Ferrol (Por A9 y Guisamo)
LMXJVS 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

12:00 13:18 Santiago-Ferrol (Por A9 y Fene)
LMXJV 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

13:30 14:45 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)
DLMXJVS 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

15:00 16:18 Santiago-Ferrol (Por A9 y Fene)

16:15 17:15 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)

16:30 18:37 Santiago-Ordes-Betanzos-Ferrol

18:00 19:15 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)

19:30 20:48 Santiago-Ferrol (Por A9 y Fene)
DLMXJV 31/12/2010 Castromil,S.A.

21:00 22:15 Vigo-Pontevedra-Santiago-Ferrol (Por Pontedeume y A9)

Estos horarios son meramente informativos y pueden estar sujetos a modificaciones.
Para mas información : 902 29 29 00 - monbus@monbus.es

If you´re riding the FEVE along the coast, it will drop you right in Ferrol, after you leave Lugo. No need to backtrack on the bus, unless that´s what you want to do. Catch the train in Oviedo about 1 p.m., take the long, lovely ride all along the coast, and you´re in Ferrol by sundown. You can set out the next morning fresh.
that´s how I did it, anyway.

reb.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Rebekah,

The plan is to return from Santiago de Compostela to Paris via FEVE from Ferrol to Bilbao then ESKOTREN to Hendaye and TGV to Paris taking about a week (depending of how much time we have).

Kevin

Rebekah Scott said:
Must be the latent sysledexia.

You know about the agnostic dyslexic insomniac, don't you?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back