• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to Finisterre

cookie139

Hi there!

I wanna know if there are any bus services I can avail from Santiago to Finisterre? And how much time does it take to reach there by bus? Can I reach Finisterre, spend some time and get back to Santiago in the same day? I plan to catch a flight at 22:00 pm from Santiago to Madrid on the same night.

Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
ELIGE TU TRAYECTO

Captcha:
A:
IdaIda y vuelta
Ida:
Vuelta:
Buscar Consultando los horarios...

Viaje de idaLunes 05/09/2011
Salida Trayecto Llegada Duración
09:00 Santiago de Compostela - Fisterra 10:550 1h 55min
10:00 Santiago de Compostela - Fisterra 12:250 2h 25min
13:00 Santiago de Compostela - Fisterra 15:270 2h 27min
14:30 Santiago de Compostela - Fisterra 17:170 2h 47min
19:00Santiago de Compostela - Fisterra 21:4702h 47minViaje de vueltaLunes 05/09/2011

Salida TrayectoL legada Duración
08:20 Fisterra - Santiago de Compostela 10:450 2h 25min
09:30 Fisterra - Santiago de Compostela 13:000 3h 30min
11:45 Fisterra - Santiago de Compostela 14:100 2h 25min
15:00 Fisterra - Santiago de Compostela 18:000 3h 00min
16:45 Fisterra - Santiago de Compostela 19:450 3h 00min
19:00 Fisterra - Santiago de Compostela 22:000 3h 00min

If you don't plan on spending the night you will miss the one attraction in Finister-the ceremony at sunset up near the light house, there's nothing else there but the beach and for it I wouldn't travel 3.5 hours in each direction. I suggest, strongly, try changing your plans and spend the nigth there, the ceremony is part of the trail.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
zammy said:
If you don't plan on spending the night you will miss the one attraction in Finister-the ceremony at sunset up near the light house, there's nothing else there but the beach and for it I wouldn't travel 3.5 hours in each direction. I suggest, strongly, try changing your plans and spend the nigth there, the ceremony is part of the trail.

Oh, I didn't know about the ceremony! I would love to spend the night there in that case. I thought its a small secluded place and finding hotels would not be easy. I hope thats not the case. :)

If you can and have the time , (walk to F. -3.5 days), there is an official albergue for those who walk the 3.5 days and couple of private ones and hotels ofcourse.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back