• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to Madrid airport

Karinhi

Time of past OR future Camino
I am stopping my Camino in Burgos on Sept. 17th. I plan on catching a bus to the Madrid airport at 2 or 3 in the morning. Does anyone know where the bus station in Burgos is? (I have googled it but am getting conflicting info. from "Follow the Camino" agents) Has anyone taken this route? Would you recommend purchasing the tickets on line beforehand? I appreciate any advice!
Thanks!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Its very close to town centre
With your back to the cathedral, go through the arch in the far hand corner of the square, cross the river and its a couple of blocks furher on.
Probably worthe booking at least the day before, or once you're sure of times.
There's a handy ALSA app too.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Because you say you are taking a 2am bus I would imagine you need to purchase your tickets in advance. You could do this right at the depot.

If you take the river route into town you will already be thru the tunnel and over the river when you arrive. When you see Hotel Via Gotica the bus depot is just a couple of blocks in from there.

And there is a hostel right beside the bus depot that opened last October - better than hanging around the bus depot which I found to never have clean bathrooms.

Good map Rick! The main entrance is on Calle Miranda.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
On September 17, there is an ALSA bus leaving Burgos at 3:45 AM and arriving at Barajas Airport, Terminal 4 at 6:30 AM. From terminal 4 you may need to take a free shuttle bus to the terminal where you flight is located.

Only some ALSA buses stop at T4. Most buses go to different bus stations in Madrid where you need to arrange airport transportation (bus or metro)

https://www.alsa.es/en/

-Paul

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back