• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to Mougás?

Kalila820

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2011)
Camino Frances (2012)
Camino Frances (2014)
Camino del Norte (in planning 2018
I am currently walking the coastal route from Porto. My cousin is planning to meet me in Mougás by bus, and according to my guidebook Mougás does have a bus stop. However I am having a lot of trouble finding bus schedules for this - I have used the ATSA website (which someone here kindly provided in response to someone's general q about Galician bus schedules). It is incredibly confusing, and I speak Spanish! My cousin is coming from Porto, so I figured she could take a bus to Vigo and then a local bus from Vigo to Mougás. The schedules list Baiona, A Guarda, etc. but not specifically Mougás.

Does anyone know anything about Vigo-Mougás bus schedules?? Or can at least confirm that you can indeed take a bus from Vigo to Mougás?

Thank you!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thank you SO much! Does the bus to Mougás leave at 12:00 and 19:00 from Vigo's main Estación de Autobuses? And would this be the schedule for Thursday?

Muchas gracias!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
How do you feel about the plan that your cousin is taking the train from Porto to Caminha and then the ferry to A Guarda? Meanwhile you could take it easy and walk from Caminha to Vila Nova de Cerveira (youth hostel) and after crossing the river back to A Guarda (albergue).
So you are in the same place at the same time and without any bus.

Taking a bus from OPO airport to Valenca/Tui could also be a benefit. There a various connections to a Guarda on weekdays and you don't need to drive to Vigo just to come back again.

I wouldn't try to understand the ATSA bus plan. It is confusing as always. It worked to ask the people waiting for the bus or in the tourism office. Bus stops are plenty along the main road (PO-552).
Monday to Friday is the same schedule. I would read that like you 12:00/19:00h leaving Vigo.
Since I only went from Gondomar to Vigo, I can tell that this ATSA line doesn't pass the Vigo bus station.

A taxi between A Guarda and Mougas should cost around 30€?

PS: Do you met yesterday?

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back