• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bus to O Cebreiro

papajohn

Hola,
My wife and I are flying into SdC and will begin our camino in O Cebreiro.
First question. Can we catch the ALSA bus which goes from Santiago to Piedrafita at the airport, or will we need to go to the autobus station in Santiago?
Second question. Is the way from Pedrafita to O Cebriero walkable or is cab transportation available?
Thanks Ivar for a wonderful site and all that you do for all the pilgrims.
John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Can we catch the ALSA bus which goes from Santiago to Piedrafita at the airport

I think you have to go into Santiago and the busstation. I know that some busses to Lugo passes by the airport and some to La Coruna, but most likely yo would need to go the busstation in town.

Buen camino,
Ivar

There are only three useful buses running daily from Santiago to Piedrafita - 8am, 9am and 10am from the bus station (there are later ones but they don't reach the destination until midnight - probably not practical!). Check http://www.alsa.es/ for details of times and prices.

Piedrafita - O'Cebreiro is a relatively straightforward walk. If you're going to walk the camino then it shouldn't be a problem (and, presuming you're stopping at O'Cebreiro and picking things up the next morning) is a good warm up.

When I did the camino last year, we walked up following the road - I was wondering if there is somewhere to pick up the camino proper at the bottom of the hill and follow that up instead? My brother and I are arriving in Santiago on Friday and catching the bus to Piedrafita on the Saturday morning. We're meeting friends at O'Cebreiro but I'd love to be able to take a more scenic route up!

Wulf

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Does it drop off at more than one point in Piedrafita? Last year, I was worried about missing the stop altogether, so as soon as it turned up we jumped off the bus. Is there somewhere online that has a reasonably detailed map of the area?

Wulf

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back