• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bus to O Cebreiro

papajohn

Hola,
My wife and I are flying into SdC and will begin our camino in O Cebreiro.
First question. Can we catch the ALSA bus which goes from Santiago to Piedrafita at the airport, or will we need to go to the autobus station in Santiago?
Second question. Is the way from Pedrafita to O Cebriero walkable or is cab transportation available?
Thanks Ivar for a wonderful site and all that you do for all the pilgrims.
John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can we catch the ALSA bus which goes from Santiago to Piedrafita at the airport

I think you have to go into Santiago and the busstation. I know that some busses to Lugo passes by the airport and some to La Coruna, but most likely yo would need to go the busstation in town.

Buen camino,
Ivar

There are only three useful buses running daily from Santiago to Piedrafita - 8am, 9am and 10am from the bus station (there are later ones but they don't reach the destination until midnight - probably not practical!). Check http://www.alsa.es/ for details of times and prices.

Piedrafita - O'Cebreiro is a relatively straightforward walk. If you're going to walk the camino then it shouldn't be a problem (and, presuming you're stopping at O'Cebreiro and picking things up the next morning) is a good warm up.

When I did the camino last year, we walked up following the road - I was wondering if there is somewhere to pick up the camino proper at the bottom of the hill and follow that up instead? My brother and I are arriving in Santiago on Friday and catching the bus to Piedrafita on the Saturday morning. We're meeting friends at O'Cebreiro but I'd love to be able to take a more scenic route up!

Wulf

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Does it drop off at more than one point in Piedrafita? Last year, I was worried about missing the stop altogether, so as soon as it turned up we jumped off the bus. Is there somewhere online that has a reasonably detailed map of the area?

Wulf

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back