• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus to Roncesvalles

Maggiejane

Sources tell me there is a bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles at 18:00 on weekdays however I do not seem to be able to locate it on the Alsa schedule. Should I searching a different bus line? Also what is the distance from the airport at Pamplona to the bus station? A walk or taxi trip?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Maggie Jane,
The us company that serves the Pamplona/Roncevalles route is ARTIEDA, not ALSA. The bus leave the main bus depot Mon to Friday at 18.00 hrs and Sats at 16.00 hrs. No Sunday service. You can take a local bus from Pamplona airport which will drop you off infront of the main bus depot. Ask the diriver to indicate this stop. The journey takes about 20 minutes. The new bus service that goes from Pamplona to SJPP, stopping at Roncevalles is only during the high season and stops I think on 11 th September. Anne

This is what is showing on ALSA today with Sept. 11, 2011 as the last day of the season. The bus appears to be daily, seven days a week:

Itinerary
Town Arrival Departure Days
PAMPLONA 14:00
BURGUETE 14:45 14:45
RONCESVALLES 14:50 14:50
VALCARLOS 15:15 15:15
SAINT JEAN DE PIED DE PORT 15:45

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We will be arriving in Pamplona by train September 10 and would like to continue on to Roncesvalles. Is the train station anywhere near the bus station?

joelyn

jjr said:
We will be arriving in Pamplona by train September 10 and would like to continue on to Roncesvalles. Is the train station anywhere near the bus station?

joelyn

Welcome to the Forum, joelyn!

google maps is a good searching engine A being the bus station and B is the train station (Renfe) and getting there by using public tranportation. It is about 2.6 K if you walk:

Attachments

• Bild 20.png
    Bild 20.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 1,456
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Last month there was no bus service from Pamplona Airport to the city due to reconstruction of the aiport.
Bus route 21 which used to connect the airport to the centre of Pamplona, is no longer running.
Line 16, serving the towns of Aizóain, Noáin and Beriáin, stops in the Talluntxe industrial estate, 800m metres from the passenger terminal.
We decided to share a taxi into the city - I think it's about €7.

The bus company from the Pamplona bus station to Roncesvalles now seems to be Ativar, S.L. It departs weekdays at 1800 and Saturday at 1600. There is no service on Sunday. The fare is 6E.

HORA POBLACIÓN
18:00 Pamplona - Estación de autobuses
18:11 Villava
18:15 Huarte - Cruce
18:16 Olloqui
18:17 Zabaldica
18:19 Antxoriz
18:20 Zuriain
18:23 Idoi
18:25 Larrasoaña
18:27 Urdaniz
18:30 Zubiri
18:32 Agorreta
18:38 Cilveti - Cruce
18:42 Erro
18:45 Linzoain
18:48 Viscarret
18:55 Mezquiriz
19:00 Espinal
19:03 Espinal - Camping
19:05 Burguete
19:10 Roncesvalles
19:20 Garralda
19:30 Aribe
19:35 Garaioa
19:40 Abaurrea Baja
19:45 Abaurrea Alta
19:55 Jaurrieta

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Does anyone know the status of the bus from Pamplona to SJPP? I can't seem to find any evidence of it on the ALSA, Conda or Artiedo websites. I do see Pamplona to Roncesvalles, via Larrasoaña and Zubiri, but nothing to SJPP.

There is a bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles, but not to SJPP. There is a taxi service you can contact to get transport to SJPP, and someone else should be able to point you to the thread for that.
Margaret

Alsa run an afternoon bus from Pamplona to St Jean in July and August. To find the timetable you'll have to search under International as it crosses the border into France.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back